Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Kia - 7 Year Warranty

Fair play to them, they must have some confidence in their cars to offer a 7 year/100k mile warranty! I wonder if any other brands will follow suit as it certainly makes them a tempting option for a hassle free daily :ignore: :camp:

I bet they caveat it so much that the only thing they'll replace is a faulty ashtray lid, if your name is Gary and if you report the problem on the third Wednesday in March if there's a light drizzle and if you have 11 buttons on your coat.

TBH, if you don't use them for pizza deliveries etc then the warranties are very good, puts most european cars to shame.

Even if the car is worth next to nothing after 7 years you can get a lot of trouble/worry free motoring out of one which is all a lot of people want from a hatchback.

Having gone throught the warranty with a fine toothcomb (sadly its the kind of thing I need to do) the warranty has no more caveats than a standard 36 month / 60000 mile warranty that most other manufacturers offer. The Hyundai warranty is arguably even better, whilst shorter at 5 years its unlimited mileage.

Rather than these premium manufacturers talking about the quality of their vehicles why not put their money where their mouth is and offer similar warranties

A bland and uninspiring car like that needs a trick to draw the punters in with :D

In the current belt tightening climate, Kia and Hyundai's strategy seems to be working nicely. Our local Hyundai dealer can't sell enough i10s. Only ~£7,500 on the road, plus scrappage, and that warranty.... hard to refuse.

It's good marketing. The Japanese know how reliable their cars are and can safely stand by their warranties in the knowledge there will be few claims from the blue rinsers.

You'll never see a warranty like that from a German car maker, let alone a French or Italian one :lol:

Bland and uninspiring Kias / Hyundais may be but I would imagine that there are many more customers who want reliable, comfortable cost effective motoring more than they want cutting edge design and technology. Whilst it is clever marketing it also demonstartes a good understanding of what a lot of customers actually want

The Koreans (and I'm sure the Chinese in the future) are taking a leaf out of what the Japanese did in the 70's, it worked then and I'm sure it will work again.

Hyundai actually sold more cars to private individuals last year then the likes of Ford / Vauxhall etc

A bland and uninspiring car like that needs a trick to draw the punters in with :D

Do you think the Ashtray warranty becomes void when you do a VR6-turbo conversion? :nuts: