Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

About to buy full Milltek system for Storm - any thoughts?

They have a questionable rep for build quality though.... had one on my Mk4 Golf and it more or less fell apart over a couple of years. Didn't feel too bad though as it was on my Ex's car, so hard lines for her!! :lol:

Mark

Had five full Millteks on five cars and only had one problem which was rectified at no cost within 24 hours

As good as any other system on the market

bought mine off here second hand so no idea on age and its been ace, love the noise it gives. not too boomy but noticable!

Thats one of the things i noticed about my milltek, or should i say, did'nt notice much more noise than the standard exhaust! But as i am getting older i dont do the big bore noise thing anymore!

I suppose that's a good thing - like yourself - not really a fan of the barry boy school of exhaust installation!

Can you feel increase in power gain - or is this a myth? the advert claims ''10-12% increase in power''!!!

I suppose that's a good thing - like yourself - not really a fan of the barry boy school of exhaust installation!

Can you feel increase in power gain - or is this a myth? the advert claims ''10-12% increase in power''!!!

To be honest i could not tell the difference and i dont really rag the vr about as much as i have with cars i have owned in the past, i dont know what it is with the corrado, i sort of respect it too much! Plus there is the fact that i dont have two or three grand or whatever it costs to rebuild it if it goes BANG! But i have only drove my car once or twice since fitted, i am sure there will be a slight increase in power from a standard exhaust. The reason it was purchased was because my centre box was bodged with exhaust putty :nono:

They weigh a lot less than the standard system so that is a good start, power to weight and all that. Mine did feel like it revved easier although it would be hard to tell without a before and after dyno test. Sounds superb with out being too loud on motorways etc.

Id expect no increase to be honest. then if you get a bit then fair play and big smiles. As said it will be lighter.... If you get a hi flow cat this will help too.

My mind was made up after going out in Wendys VR with milltek cat back - sounds lovely!! :luvlove:

Excuse my exhaustive questioning ( :brickwall: ) I've another query now.

you mention a 'cat back'. In relation to a full Milltek exhaust system, where does the 'cat back' come in?

Is this half of the full system? If so i can possible get away with just replacing this part as it's the mid section I can hear blowing through.

afaik just to answer your question, i believe cat-back just means the exhaust is from the cat all the way to the tip at the back?

this is opposed to other systems which may just be a back box, or all the way to the manifold.

I had a second hand one and it was evil LOUD! I had to take it off within a fortnight, I had a miltek sport cat with it which I never managed to get on because the fit was so terrible. I compared it side by side with another one and all the flanges were slightly offset at different angles between them, same part no. etc! The general quality of welding and fit was awful, it never lined up properly with the car. I wouldn't touch one again personally. Bought a Magnex in the end and it fits/sounds absolutely perfect. No contest!

In my research on exhausts I think I read that Milltek were bust.

Is that wrong as I have just read that Magnex have gone under.

Aftermarket dealers are still advertising both makes with warranties as far as i can see.

Anyone able to throw light on this, please?

Miltek are still up and running

Magnex went bust but are now selling again but dont do one for the corrado anymore and dont plan to do one either i asked them

Im going Jetex when mine gets done

Magnex went bust but are now selling again but dont do one for the corrado anymore and dont plan to do one either i asked them

I beleive the above to be true, but i've already had my Jetex fitted and love it!

Good fit, nice sound and very reasonable price!

I beleive the above to be true, but i've already had my Jetex fitted and love it!

Good fit, nice sound and very reasonable price![/quote:22zagagw]

Which one did you go for the resonated or non resonated??

MSW in Scotland have quoted the following to me for VR6

Magnex - £384

Milltek - £390

Supersport - £416

Prices include VAT and delivery.

Speedbox are claiming to sell the Jetex for about £340 including VAT and estimated delivery, but I know nothing of company.They are on edition 38 I think - what is that anyway? :confused4:

MSW in Scotland have quoted the following to me for VR6

Magnex - £384

Milltek - £390

Supersport - £416

Prices include VAT and delivery.

Speedbox are claiming to sell the Jetex for about £340 including VAT and estimated delivery, but I know nothing of company.They are on edition 38 I think - what is that anyway? :confused4:

Id be suprised if they can find any new magnex exhausts for a corrado