neuon2003

Replacement fog light lenses

Have just been quoted £104.95 for a new late foglight, which is insane. It seems as though people have purchased replacement lenses in the past; here for example. Chris Olmstead no longer does these but he put me onto Ricky Ward who has this offer to VW Vortex members http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4657692.

I have contacted Ricky and asked him a bit more about the product and process, what the deal would be to supply to the UK and what he could offer by way of a group discount. This is what he has said. Please note that I am not in a position to organise a Group Buy, just passing the information on. I have not seen the items nor dealt with Ricky before. He has been very prompt in answering emails.

Perhaps someone familiar with the previous supplied items could comment on their quality and suitability?

FAQ

-Are the lenses for replacement of the fogs on the late VR6 (SLC), the ones with the fogs as a sealed unit in the plastic surround, with space for the indicators?...YES

-Do the lenses come pre-trimmed to fit in the housing? ...YES

-Has the logo design changed (do you have an updated picture of the lenses)? ...YES

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc142/monocog50/DSC05907.jpg

-If people want to order direct from you, they email you the details and pay by PayPal?...YES

-Are the lenses made from glass?...YES

-Does the order need to specify either SLC (VR6) or G60...YES. SLC lenses have the lip cut on the sides. G60 do not have anything cut.

Pricing and delivery

Individual price (Each individual orders direct from Ricky)

Price for a one clear lens kit either G60 or SLC, shipped to the UK = $63.00 plus $17.00 shipping, total of $80.00

Price for one yellow lens kit either for G60 or SLC, shipped to the UK = $68.00 plus $17.00 shipping, total of $85.00

Global priority mail costs $17.00 shipping/handling for one kit.

Ricky can send a maximum of 5 lens kits in a Flat Rate Priority Mail Box to one address for around $45.00 shipping/handling.

He used to be able to ship them through the Post Office via surface mail for cheaper, but they don't offer that service anymore. UPS and DHL are significantly higher in shipping, so he does not use them.

Group buy price (Ricky receives one order for 10/20 kits for delivery to one UK address)

As above, Ricky can send a maximum of 5 lens kits in a Flat Rate Priority Mail Box to one address for $45.00 shipping/handling.

For a total order of 10 lens kits, price for a clear lens kit is $60 (plus $8 for yellow) plus $8 per kit for shipping (total of $68/$76 per kit) to be shipped in two boxes of 5 kits to one UK address. This is a saving of $12.00/$9.00 per kit over the individual price.

For a total order of 20 lens kits, price for a clear lens kit is $56 (plus $8 for yellow) plus $8 per kit for shipping, to be shipped in four boxes of 5 kits to one UK address, total of $64/$72 per kit. This is a saving of $16.00 / $13.00 per kit over the individual price.

Im also definitely interested in these as both of mind have cracked and im not wanting to buy them brand new at those prices, so if this does go ahead i would like to be in on the bulk buy :)

I want it to!

i suppose it's up to someone to organise it..............

If we get final numbers that would be helpful then we can get in touch with him and see what the price will be

I am definitely in if this goes ahead but as already mentioned it just needs someone to organise it all really... the only real problem i can see is that its stated that it shall be delivered to one address in the UK, which will still mean that have to be distriputed from whoever makes the order out to us guys. Either way, when this goes ahead im in.... :)

BUMP,

Anything happening about these, i am trying to get hold of both replacement fog light lenses. Would it be easier to just buy directly from vwvortex??? I had someone drive into me yesterday and smash one of my fog lights so shes paying for a new one...so i need to sort this asap....

Cheers

Hi.

My drivers side fog lens needs replaced. I'm afraid I don't know how Group Buys are organised, but looks like there could be quite a few folk interested if it could be done?

Alternatively, has anyone perhaps individually ordered VR6(SLC) fog lenses from the Ricky Ward mentioned, who I assume runs this USA site: http://originalgermanfolks.com/corrado.htm, and if so how did it go - e.g. delivery/fit/look?

David.

If anyones got a passenger side fog light and surround but with a damaged lens, so i can butcher it to make a set of vents/indicator units with.

After two weeks,one of my brand NEW foglights has a huge stone chip in it !

I've ordered two of these lenses,I will let everyone know when they arrive !

Update,

I bought another pair for a mate,this time £49,

exchange rate must have improved !

Very easy job to install the lenses,and a fraction of the price of new fogs.

Are these the Rallye lenses??

I bought 8 a few years ago for less than £50 shipped!!

Bosch ones are the best ones to use if you can find them

According to the website they are made by Bosch !

they differ from the originals by having "HALOGEN" stamped in the middle of the lens.