Sign in to follow this  
young dub

Hi, I detailed Jackflash's Corrado, here is the write up :)

I was contacted by Jackflash after he saw some of the polishing ive done on my brother zak's corrado and wanted the same treatment for his. After agreeing a date for the work to be completed I have to say jack could not have chosen a better day to get it done with the weather forecast to be amazing!

The aim was to generally improve the appearance of the car, both internally and externally with some much needed paint correction :)

For all those interested here were the products used to conduct this detail.

* Meguires quick clay/quick detailer

* Makita 9227 cb rotary polisher

* Sonus Pads

* Menzerna IP 3.01 and FF 85RD

* Meguires stage 2 glaze

* Collinite 476s wax

* Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel

* Poorboys Natural look dressing

Here are the before pictures:

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

As you can see very dirty :)

The car was then washed and then clayed, here is result of claying the upper panels of the car:

IMG_8923.jpg

And then we get towards the bottom:

IMG_8924.jpg

And on the lower doors and the rear of the car:

IMG_8925.jpg

The car was then washed again and dried, the car was looking clean but on closer inspection showed some much needed correction :) I should also mention that the window seals were thoroughly cleaned at this point too because previous polishing efforts had left polish residue making them appear almost white in some areas.

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

Some general marring and swirls

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

A close up of the swirls in direct sunlight:

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

Defect on the wing to be corrected:

IMG_8937.jpg

Swirls on the bonnet:

IMG_8940.jpg

The rear of the car looking very dull for some reason, with little gloss:

IMG_8942.jpg

IMG_8943.jpg

Time to tape up the vulnerable pieces of trim when polishing.

IMG_8948.jpg

IMG_8949.jpg

The rear 3/4 after one hit of IP.

IMG_8951.jpg

You can see the difference here where the door still has swirls:

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8953.jpg

IMG_8955.jpg

The n/s door after one hit of IP:

IMG_8959.jpg

The o/s door after one hit of IP:

IMG_8962.jpg

The o/s rear 3/4 after one hit of IP:

IMG_8963.jpg

Panels checked for swirls with a camera flash:

IMG_8966.jpg

n/s Door again:

IMG_8975.jpg

N/s Wing:

IMG_8976.jpg

Bonnet after one hit of IP:

IMG_8977.jpg

The tail lights were also polished and refreshed:

Before

IMG_8981.jpg

After

IMG_8983.jpg

IMG_8982.jpg

The rear of the car also polished showing a big improvement:

IMG_9024.jpg

The roof after polishing:

IMG_9033.jpg

The light was then fading quickly and I proceeded to finish the polishing with the Menzerna final finish which add's even more gloss to the paint as seen here:

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

The car was then glazed and waxed, all of the black trim was dressed with chemical guys new look trim gel, the windows and door shuts were also cleaned of any polishing dust and any water marks.

I also proceeded to clean the interior which I'm gutted I don't have any before pictures of as I was focused on correcting the paint :lol: Anyway im sure jackflash would agree it was rather dirty and very dusty.

All the interior plastics and leather were cleaned with all purpose cleaner, the plastics were then dressed with Poorboys natural look dressing. Interior glass and mirrors were cleaned and all carpets and mats hoovered.

Well enough talking here are the after pictures:

IMG_9046.jpg

IMG_9059.jpg

IMG_9061.jpg

IMG_9066.jpg

IMG_9073.jpg

IMG_9077.jpg

IMG_9078.jpg

IMG_9080.jpg

IMG_9086.jpg

IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9091.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

IMG_9094.jpg

IMG_9095.jpg

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

IMG_9109.jpg

This was all in preparation of the car being shown a GTi spring fest, here's some pic's of it at the show :)

IMG_4284_1_1.jpg

IMG_4287_1.jpg

IMG_4294_1.jpg

IMG_4295_1.jpg

IMG_4360_1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

wow amazing stuff! iw ant mine doing but i need to get some bits painted before i get it done.. tempted to buy my own G220 and give it a whirl! - scared tho! lol

wow amazing stuff! iw ant mine doing but i need to get some bits painted before i get it done.. tempted to buy my own G220 and give it a whirl! - scared tho! lol

with a g220 its actually pretty tough going to get rid of the swirls/marring, deffo not as scary to use as is made out

simply stunning. I'll have to bring mine over soon let you work your magic on it, Young Dub :D

Cheers guys for the kind words, sorry for posting it in the wrong section. Completely missed the car care sub forum.

Hassan - Defiantly the weather to get it done 8)

Stunning work, pity i'm not local to you, would love to see mine done like that, i'm sadly still basic hand wax with no real knowledge or products, the difference when you know what you're doing is simply incredible :notworthy:

Stunning work, pity i'm not local to you, would love to see mine done like that, i'm sadly still basic hand wax with no real knowledge or products, the difference when you know what you're doing is simply incredible :notworthy:

Told you mate pop round to mine or even theres a meet in preston arrange from detailing world next sat..go along to that and learn how to do it there..i`m thinking of going in the corrado

Cheers mate, good write up and cheers for the work put in. Was really pleased with how the car looked at GTI Festival, didn't look out of place in the show and shine imho which was what I had hoped for. Just need to get the front end resprayed now (again!) to get rid of the millions of stone chips... gotta love that motorway commute :roll:

was nice to meet you Jack, car looked sweet from the festival pics 8)

Cheers mate, same to you, was good to finally put a face to the name... and to finally see your motor in the flesh after having pored over pictures of it for so long!

Thats absolutly mint, :salute:

you've made me want to do mine now, what grade mop did you use?

Matt