C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

I miss my old local stealer (Hyde) :( New local one in Nottingham is a bit pants.

Nice work btw, its making me want to get up early and sort mine bit by bit. What did you use to clean the leather? I did mine with Autoglym leather cleaner the other day but it smells of cat wee and there didn't appear to be any change.

After coloring the leather i`ve just used the kit from furniture clinic to keep it clean.

I miss my old local stealer (Hyde) :( New local one in Nottingham is a bit pants.

Nice work btw, its making me want to get up early and sort mine bit by bit. What did you use to clean the leather? I did mine with Autoglym leather cleaner the other day but it smells of cat wee and there didn't appear to be any change.

West Bridgeford or Daybrook? I've been using WB but have started to use TPS in Bulwell, theres a sales guy there with a G60 so we get chatting usually and he looks after fellow Rado owners :D

Got the part number for the battery cover mate?? looks nice may have to get myself one

Also do you know if the plastic cover for the top of the battery is still available??

both still available, i`ll dig out the part numbers mate.[/quote:hnjfgcs6]

Had chance to check out P/N mate ??

Got the part number for the battery cover mate?? looks nice may have to get myself one

Also do you know if the plastic cover for the top of the battery is still available??

both still available, i`ll dig out the part numbers mate.[/quote:1krxkczv]

Had chance to check out P/N mate ??[/quote:1krxkczv]

plastic battery cover is.....281915411f

the material cover is.....357915411c

both still available

andy

plastic battery cover is.....281915411f

the material cover is.....357915411c

both still available

Thanks mate

Roof mouldings had lost there color but still good condition so decided to have a go at painting them.Rubbed them down then used plastic primer, rubbed them down again and added satin black and rubbed down between every coat allowing ten minutes between each one..

Results are not bad,hopefully they look good when i fit them on tomorrow..

Head buzzing now off the fumes... :gag:

DSCF7565.jpg

DSCF7563.jpg

As much as I want to keep my car as OE and in fine fettle as possible. I refuse to be bent over and given six of the financial best by the VAG parts department. This part is on my radar to sort out in a similar way. Good to see it came out so well.

What have the small rubber seals come out like (or have you removed them) ?

Someone suggested to me wiping over the rubbers with a small amount of black silicone to "refresh" their look. Might give it a whirl.

that looks great, i used mer rubber cleaner on mine and they came out like new! they are quite easy to come out. the end at the front slides back and then you can lift it. the rear end is clipped down and can just pop up.

that looks great, i used mer rubber cleaner on mine and they came out like new! they are quite easy to come out. the end at the front slides back and then you can lift it. the rear end is clipped down and can just pop up.

cool thanks

As much as I want to keep my car as OE and in fine fettle as possible. I refuse to be bent over and given six of the financial best by the VAG parts department. This part is on my radar to sort out in a similar way. Good to see it came out so well.

What have the small rubber seals come out like (or have you removed them) ?

Someone suggested to me wiping over the rubbers with a small amount of black silicone to "refresh" their look. Might give it a whirl.

Mine had gone past the point of being able to treat an add color with any products...i`ve tried everything..!!!

Trimmed and sanded the rubber edge,but only trimmed a mm just to tidy the line up really... this was the first stage before shelling out £120 for new ones and to be honest its well worth ten pounds in paint and an hour of your time..

Cleaned and fitted this morning,pleased with the results and a definate improvement...

DSCF7575.jpg

DSCF7574.jpg

DSCF7572.jpg

Looking really good, saw this at MIVW!

Will you be at Edition38 in a couple of weeks?

No mate, bit too far for me.

Been trying to source the speed clips for the headlights but they only came with the actual headlight and vw never gave it a seperate part number,got onto vw germany and they found my there official alternative but not too keen on them so have cleaned and painted mine and now in conversation with hella to see what they can do..Had feed back saying they could not tell me anything due to the license that vw hold on the part but i`m still chasing that up...

Got the new hinge cover next to the roof moulds and happy the match is very close, started to paint my body mouldings and will see how they look.Only problem is loosing too much texture..

DSCF7587.jpg

DSCF7586.jpg

DSCF7581.jpg

DSCF7577.jpg

I think that the mouldings having less texture is a good thing. The texture is what catches & holds all the dirt & grime. If the mouldings were smoother then they'll not get as dirty in the first place &, they'll be easier to wipe clean. The trick is to get them evenly smooth i.e. you don't want them patchy with a mix of smooth & texture

Difficult to get a good picture but trying to make them look like there not painted if that makes sense..??!!?? :cuckoo:

Will see what they look like in daylight..

DSCF7596.jpg

DSCF7589.jpg

I was thinking about doing this because mine appear to be made from different materials and as a result, one particular bit just doesn't stay black at all :shrug:

I was also wondering what to use to stick them back on. Is there special tape or something? I just can't see regular double sided tape doing the job.

Front splitter is on the paint list as well. I must stop reading this thread as my 'to do' list is growing again.

I was thinking about doing this because mine appear to be made from different materials and as a result, one particular bit just doesn't stay black at all :shrug:

I was also wondering what to use to stick them back on. Is there special tape or something? I just can't see regular double sided tape doing the job.

Front splitter is on the paint list as well. I must stop reading this thread as my 'to do' list is growing again.

You've got to get them off first good luck lol

3m trim tape is what i`ll be using, get it off ebay.