Seems a day does make a difference. Managed to get enough room to get an allen key in and using an extended socket and handle I got the bolts out. Took a bit of wiggling with the probe still attached but its out :clap: .

Just need someone to adjust it now. Got the turbo mounted up and figured out the lines. Another £80 odd quid on fittings. Anybody know the oil return flange bolt spec so I can get some of them ordered?

Decided to get myself another road bike at the weekend as I was missing it too much so bought another one today. It was a total bargin and yes it is really that green. Ones of these days I'll save some money but hey you cant take it with you!!!

4 day stag do in Krakow from tomorrow to take my mind of cars and bikes :gag: :clap:

Decided to get myself another road bike at the weekend as I was missing it too much so bought another one today. It was a total bargin and yes it is really that green. Ones of these days I'll save some money but hey you cant take it with you!!!

4 day stag do in Krakow from tomorrow to take my mind of cars and bikes :gag: :clap:

Livin the dream :grin: Have fun in Krakow

Anybody know the oil return flange bolt spec so I can get some of them ordered?

Depends on the flange you're using. If it's one of these kind - http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... y_Code=BCS - you'll need some shallow cap head bolts, otherwise the -10 fitting may hit the heads and not tighten on fully.

you cant take it with you!!!

Absolutely....

Thats the fange Ive ordered.

I wish i had as much money as you!

Its more a case of juggling a pot than just spending willy nilly. I do make sacrifices but as said you have to enjoy it while you can.

Krakow was amazing. Lovely city and even lovelier women :norty: . Id recomend it to anyone. Managed to get a shot of a Glock 9mm, AK-47, PPSH and some other sub machine gun. On a polar opposite I will add is if you go make time to visit Aushwitz and Berkinau. Its really somber but a must. Humans really are our own worst enemy.

Fook me this things trying my patience. Got a call from the fab shop doing the downpipe to say it might be a little more difficult and asked me to double check my dims. :brickwall: Thought about measuring all axis but knowing my luck at the moment it would be out when changed so with bloodied knuckles I squeezed and fooked my back getting the whole manifold out.

God that was a job, I just hope I remember how it all goes back together now!!!

Dont get a better (or more expensive) jig than this. Lets hope they take care with it. Some of the wraps a bit damaged so that more stuff to order, beans on toast for me this month. :(

not having a load of luck are ya mate :( i suppose thats what can happen when you have such a one off designed conversion that was made by a mad boost addict :lol:

did you not consider swapping James exhaust manifold for a more tried/tested one like the spa manifold?? it would make any future turbo taking off's much easier.

karl

To be honest its a total love hate thing. I didnt think it would come but these things are sent to try us. It will probably take 5min to put it all back together now. Im dreading the first start up, paraniod as hell now about every little aspect. Even been wriiting little checklists to go through as Im getting it back together.

Didnt get the bike today as there was a problem, not sure I want it now as one of my mates was killed on his on Wed, :( . The guy that bought my old car came round to buy the all reds, man I miss that car. Good news is he is loving it.

Couldnt work on the car this weekend as still waiting on hoses etc and the fabricator has the turbo etc.

Been thinking of putting rubbing trips back on and maybe putting the side repeaters back in place. What do you think?

In my humble opinion I think it would be a bit of a shame to refit the strips and indicators. To me this is Corrado perfection and just looks so purposeful as it is. It looks more modern without the bump strips and has neat lines without these and the indicators.

Got the downpipe back today so just waiting on the oil return flange. Should get everything back on place at the weekend if I get it.

Patched some holes in the wrap on the manifold and wrapped the downpipe with some new stuff. 50m of it!!! Sprayed them both with some silicon sealant spray and currnetly baking in the oven to cure :lol:

Got the downpipe back today so just waiting on the oil return flange. Should get everything back on place at the weekend if I get it.

Patched some holes in the wrap on the manifold and wrapped the downpipe with some new stuff. 50m of it!!! Sprayed them both with some silicon sealant spray and currnetly baking in the oven to cure :lol:

like it mate, did this ages ago with some alloys, the missus went potty when she saw an alloy in the oven :lol:

PSML, that looks hilarious in the oven :lol: What ever it takes though!

I've sprayed some wheels in the bath before.

sprayed them?!?! how you get the paint back out the bath and how did you explain it to the mrs!

Well I fortunately (or unfortunately which ever way you look at it) dont have a missus at the moment to explain to. Bloody works well this stuff. Can quite easily handle the wrapped parts even though the bare metal is still foookin hot. Was quite easy to do as well, just plonked it in a bucket of water first.

sprayed them?!?! how you get the paint back out the bath and how did you explain it to the mrs!

Same as Coullstar, I didn't have a missus back then :lol: Or a garage, hence using the bath. I just used solvent to get the paint off the bath!

I painted and baked the little piece of metal trim that covers the number plate lights in the boot hatch, in the oven. No, I wasn't living with my missus at the time either :) I can't imagine her face if I tried something like that exhaust manifold in the oven.. brilliant! :)

Needs must, it did smell a bit :lol: . Just back from the garage, mani on, downpipe on and connected up. Trial fitted the turbo and its all good. Just like I said earlier it taken me about a 1/10th time to put things back together again. Made on offer on some JE Schimmel pistons (http://www.spturboparts.com/Engine-Comp ... 01~JEC259/) and the guys accepted :clap: . That'll be two months on beans on toast now or I'll just sell my motocrosser to help pay for them!!!! :cuckoo:

i love the oven baking! so new pistons a project for later! you need to drive this car a bit so are you leaving it for the winter project?

Winter project, they just happened to come now for sale. With the turbo that going on it would be a shame to not make the most of it. Will run it on low boost for now then when the cars off the road over the winter get the pistons on and turn the boost up, a "safe" 450bhp would be nice :lol: . Better get it running first mind you.

Yes I can see why you bought them.. but would like to see you enjoying the car. Mind you would like to see it with 450 and read your posts on it then.

Needs must, it did smell a bit :lol: . Just back from the garage, mani on, downpipe on and connected up. Trial fitted the turbo and its all good. Just like I said earlier it taken me about a 1/10th time to put things back together again. Made on offer on some JE Schimmel pistons (http://www.spturboparts.com/Engine-Comp ... 01~JEC259/) and the guys accepted :clap: . That'll be two months on beans on toast now or I'll just sell my motocrosser to help pay for them!!!! :cuckoo:

And more smells to be added to your house from 2 months of beans on toast!

Good stuff, nice pistons. :D

Deal fell through on my part. There still available if anyone is interested, guys looking for about £600 on VR6OC with a few other tasty parts.