Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Where should this be connected?

After fitting a new crack pipe and thermo housing I've found this unconnected wire and I'm pretty sure I haven't disconnected it during the strip down.

Any idea where it should be connected cus I've looked everywhere? It's about 400mm long after it exits the wiring loom down near the bottom rad hose.

Thanks

Dave

Not 100% sure - but I think it might connect to one of the sensors on the oil filter housing???....

Nope they are on the left hand side of the picture hanging down. Can't make out the colour of the wire is it white or yellow?

Pretty sure it's the random connector for an oil temp sensor not fitted in this country.

Yep as Toad say's its a random spare and is on all VR's that i have seen. so just tie wrap it up somewhere :wink:

I think it's actually supposed to connect here:

DSC_1561.jpg

Really not sure what that thingy does - but it sits on the oil-filter housing. it's not on my Passat VR6 though, and from your pic I can't see it in your car either :)

That looks like a oil pressure transducer for the VDO gauges, that go in the centre consol.

Matt

ok, I thought it was that one - but wasn't sure.

Do you know if it's that given wire? (doesn't seem to be any other that fits in that area...;) )