Sign in to follow this  
RichG60

Furious at Volkswagon pricing!

Ok thought I'd order up a few parts yesterday which included new vacuum hose as the old one was looking tatty. I phoned up and the gentleman said sorry we can't do a metre it has to come as a 5 metre roll. I thought fine how much? They said £25 which I thought was a bit dear anyway proceeded with the order.

Just a second ago I received a phone call saying my other parts had arrived but not he hose as there was a problem, instead of the price of 25 pounds for 5 metres they said no it's £25 per metre! So a minimum order of £125!

This can't be right!?!? Are they taking the Mick!

Last time i was in there, afew months back i got a meter of vacuum hose for free so i really wouldn't expect that to be true...

Sure it depends who you speak to and what kind of day there having.

You can buy vaccuum hose from GSF btw, sure they stock all different sizes and pay by the meter, plus its cheap to and from what i can remember (bought the GSF about 3 years ago) the same as the VW stuff.

Let me have a look in the office to see if I can get some on the sly.....

Normal Vacuum hose right? The off-white stuff?

And £32 for a tube of nickel paste for turbo studs, just to add to the list of comedy parts prices :cuckoo:

And some dealer work on our Polo the other day. 1 x Polo GTI front spring @ £43, 1 x longlife service (plugs, oil filter, pollen filter, oil) @ £60ish and 1 x cambelt @ £24. Total bill - £750 :shock:

And they dropped the car off to us without doing the geometry, so the steering wheel was off centre and it pulled hard to the left. F'in muppets.

It's the missus's car, otherwise I'd have gone back to the dealer to distribute a bag knuckle sandwiches.

Why do VW deserve our loyalty people? They're f'in us over.

Let me have a look in the office to see if I can get some on the sly.....

Normal Vacuum hose right? The off-white stuff?

Thanks for the offer mate, its the black and yellow stuff though for the inlet manifold to the ecu boost sensor that has to be 1 metre long. The part number is N 020 290 3.

i ordered ten metres of 3.5mm id cotton overbrade vacuum pipe today.

i will send you a meter when it arrives

And £32 for a tube of nickel paste for turbo studs, just to add to the list of comedy parts prices :cuckoo:

And some dealer work on our Polo the other day. 1 x Polo GTI front spring @ £43, 1 x longlife service (plugs, oil filter, pollen filter, oil) @ £60ish and 1 x cambelt @ £24. Total bill - £750 :shock:

And they dropped the car off to us without doing the geometry, so the steering wheel was off centre and it pulled hard to the left. F'in muppets.

It's the missus's car, otherwise I'd have gone back to the dealer to distribute a bag knuckle sandwiches.

Why do VW deserve our loyalty people? They're f'in us over.

Jesus H.... that's outrageous!

i ordered ten metres of 3.5mm id cotton overbrade vacuum pipe today.

i will send you a meter when it arrives

Thanks mate, tell me what you want price wise and I will fire it over.

only postage if anything dude. cant see it being more than £1.

ill give you a shout when it arrives. prob friday.

I had a similar instance when trying to buy some paint, asked how much is 1ltr of canyon red, he says £12.50 i thaught bargin, ordered it, went to collect it was a touch up stick, oredered it again now £24.99, went to collect, it was a spray can, ffs asked to order the correct part now its £86.99. looks like they dont know what they have for what price.

vac pipe got delivered today dude.

have to pm me your address and ill get it sent out.