Sign in to follow this  
t700bes

So... After 2 months, shes dead :(

I took my car to a garage my family know well as the oil pressure light and buzzer were coming on.. It had loads of oil (and the right stuff).

I got the car back, and they had tested the pressure, he said its a bit low, but its ok. I then drove it home (120miles). On the way home it started knocking, so i pulled over and checked the oil.. There was NO oil.. The car has NEVER leaked oil.. :nono:

It was 11pm last night, so i called the AA who towed me to the services and we filled her up with oil... The bottom end continues to knock even will the correct amount of oil. From what I can see the engine block has oil on it right by the pressure switch (which it didn't before it went in). So I can only assume that the switch hasn't been correctly put in.. :nono:

I'll have a proper look when I get home (in the daylight) however I'm nearly 100% certain the garage is at fault. i just need to prove it. I will get have to find an independent garage to come out and assess the damage and the cause. If the switch is the culprit, then I'll have to seek damages from the garage.

I've only had the corrado 2 months.. and it now needs a new bottom end.. :shock: :pale:

:( now that is a bummer mate ,realy bad news , might be hard to proove though you may have an ongoing argument there.

Found the problem,

Could someone post a picture of the pic below when the pipe is intact.. does anyone know if its cracked and should be one unit, or if its 2 units and its been disloged.. I assume this is how the oil leak happened, it must of been knocked when the switch was taken off to test the pressure...

IMAG0056.jpg

when i 1st got my car i had a major leak in the same place as yours.it was coming out the top of the oil presure switch where the termial fits

That's a negligible amount of oil in your pic, could have come from a split breather as mentioned. If you had non showing on your dipstick and it was an external leak, the underside of the car will be plastered in the stuff as you'll have lost over 2 litres which will cover a huge area.

If there's no obvious oil in large quantities on the engine/underneath of the car - I would have to suspect that the engine has burned it and you haven't noticed, or it never had enough in the first place.

I'd check the plugs/air intake etc for signs of where the 'missing' oil has gone.

I'd also want to know where/how the garage checked the oil, and what pressure they recorded - rather than saying it was a little low. The warning buzzer activates at 0.3bar iirc

Yeah, when an oil line broke on my Golf it was like someone had thrown a huge bucket of crude in my engine bay, even though the line was at the bottom of the block.

Could they have drained the sump? Does the sump bolt look recently cleaned?

A garage once forgot to put coolant into my wifes car after fitting a new radiator. She got a few miles before the engine massively overheated, blowing the gasket and warping the head in the process. The garage got off scot free by saying the headgasket had probably already gone, and thats where the water went. We couldn't prove a thing.

:cuckoo:

Looking at the OP previous postings there is a picture of the underside of the car and it is soaking wet with oil, i think it has been leaking for a long time...

Found the problem,

Could someone post a picture of the pic below when the pipe is intact.. does anyone know if its cracked and should be one unit, or if its 2 units and its been disloged.. I assume this is how the oil leak happened, it must of been knocked when the switch was taken off to test the pressure...

IMAG0056.jpg

Mine used to leak there aswell, I glued it now no leaks and fine.