Sign in to follow this  
Abdul

Whats it like going from a valver to a VR?

As above, i know some of you have made this transition... hows it treating you? All opinions welcome!

Abdul

Once you go 6-pack you never go back.

Hmm that sounded less gay in my head.

I've gone from a 2L 16v to a VR 2 weeks ago and wished I'd done it a long time ago. I'll not have anything less than a VR again.

As above, i know some of you have made this transition... hows it treating you? All opinions welcome!

Abdul

Whats the plan for your valver?

I've gone from a 2L 16v to a VR 2 weeks ago and wished I'd done it a long time ago. I'll not have anything less than a VR again.

Elaborate mate, exactly what makes it so great in your opinion?

VR6, :camp: lol

Swompy, wanted to VR it but ive properly worked it all out the costs inc brakes etc n im much more better off buyin a VR outright especially when baring in mind my boredom issues when it comes to cars! I mean the plans for mine next would be, VR, repaint, retrim... Id rather just buy a VR lol, soo much cheaper!

So yeah goin to sell it for sure this time i think.

I did the step up last summer.......and i have to say that it feels twice the car the valver was.......and i really liked the valver too :D ........oh and the noise is just :luvlove:

It's a great all rounder the VR, drive one and you'll know. I wont even entertain a valver now and i've owned 2 niether a G60 and i've had one of those as well, there not at all bad cars just the VR seems to do everything I wanted alot better!

AJ

I can imagine with the prices of VR's being so cheap that it is easyer to just buy one.

Just as long as you dont break the valver :p :lol:

For me -

1, faster

2, more refined

3, quieter

4, more relaxed, don't need to rag it to get it going

5, surprisingly economical

6, oh yeah nearly forgot about the soundtrack :D

Will that do :)

For me -

1, faster

2, more refined

3, quieter

almost..

7, being on the winning side in the G60 vs VR6 argument :D

For me -

1, faster

2, more refined

3, quieter

Meh, ticks all the boxes!! My valvers a bit of a hooligan which is fun but i want something a bit more refined now... Honestly, ive looked at and considered so many different cars but nothing offers the Rado Vr's all round abilitys for around 4kish....

Swompy, theres a good chance ill take everything off bar the coilys as i just cant be arsed! I reckon it'll be easier to sell without the mods....

Swompy, theres a good chance ill take everything off bar the coilys as i just cant be arsed! I reckon it'll be easier to sell without the mods....

When I said break it I ment completly off the road gone broken, but can understand about changing most of it back to standard to sell it.

Best of luck and I shell be waiting for some Ice grey compatable goodies 8) :hitler:

When I said break it I ment completly off the road gone broken, but can understand about changing most of it back to standard to sell it.

Best of luck and I shell be waiting for some Ice grey compatable goodies 8) :hitler:

haha.. il pm u when the time comes... N nah no way would i strip it down completely, id rather sell it cheap!

There's a travelling phrase that is "same same but different"

Going to a VR from a valver same same but better. :)

Don't get me wrong, I loved my valver, it was a great car with an engine that liked to sing, but the sheer quality of VR lump, well, the first time you drive one you'll be hooked.

Do it. You won't look back. I consider myself a fair voice of experience on this one :)

The 16v certainly has a place and this is the reason why I just can't bring myself to get rid of my 16v now I've got a VR6. But the VR is a different experience alltogether. The things I've really noticed and enjoyed about the car in the last months, compared to the VR:

* The noise. And I don't mean for thrapping about. I mean just wafting around. It's so quiet but with that "muted power" sound about it like a big BMW has.

* Just feels more grown up.

* Longer gearing but more torque makes for great town / cruising experience. Even in 4th at 30MPH, there is ample torque to just pootle about. I often forget what gear I'm in, whereas with the valver, you really had to be mindful in case you dropped too low in revs!

* The performance. I never thought 25% more power would feel as good as it does.

* Comparable fuel economy. Which I didn't expect.

I do plan to drag the 16v out soon for a week or two's use as, quite honestly, I haven't touched it in the last month other than to charge the battery and to jetwash it each week to get birdcrap off it!

had two valvers and two vr's so far, and its definitely a step up refinement wise, BUT i really do miss my valvers, definitely from a diagnosis and maintenance perspective.

kind of wish i'd waited longer for a decent g60, maybe one for the future :D

your welcome to test drive mine, could be a bit far to travel tho :lol:

Cheers guys, i do think im goin to miss the valver though lol.

Aide, thanks for the offer but yeah, a lil bit far!!

I dont want to slam the Vr on its belly (for a while anyway), just want to enjoy the drive i guess! Im hoping to find a twilight violet or DBP VR but i would take another ice grey lol...

7, being on the winning side in the G60 vs VR6 argument :D

Oh dear, what have you said?

263 cams and remap will see a vr pull hard to the redline, low down torque is increased to pull you along without changing down a gear and the power increase at the top end gives you the 16v feeling that you love :luvlove:

power increase at the top end gives you the 16v feeling that you love :luvlove:

See now that is exciting! I love the valvers top end... :D

To me it felt like my old valver was VW's practice attempt, but my VR is their masterpiece.

Worlds apart in so many ways, makes it hard to believe they're the same model.

Having said that my valver was a bit of an old dog, but my VR is a pampered peach.

Do it, you will definitely not regret it.

To me it felt like my old valver was VW's practice attempt, but my VR is their masterpiece.

Worlds apart in so many ways, makes it hard to believe they're the same model.

Having said that my valver was a bit of an old dog, but my VR is a pampered peach.

Do it, you will definitely not regret it.

Hmm thats the thing, my valver is kinda pampered so really want to avoid a dog of a VR lol.. I want the experience to be pure awesomeness... i have somehow built it up in my head as being exactly that lol...

Funny thing is i drove a vr rado but that was about a year ago and all i can remember is the noise lol.

Having owned 2 16v's amnd 2 VR6's, i have to agree with these comments especially... the noise, speed, feeling more grown up/special, easier to drive etc. The VR6 is in a different league and once you've had one you won't go back...i didn't!

However the biggest thing I have noticed is the cost of running a VR compared to a 16v, there is a noticeable difference...but i guess some of that depends on whether the 16v/VR in question are good examples or dogs.

Take your time finding and buying a sound car and youll love it!

Good luck! :D