Critical_Mass

Gaz's Bordeaux Pearl VR NEW WHEELS!

Here is my 93 VR, which has cost me a fair bit of cash since i bought it in 2006. Unfortunately when i bought it i realised it was using a fair amount of oil - 1 litre every 300-500 miles :( I didnt know, nor find out if it was valve stem seals or piston rings.

Instead of getting the existing engine refurbished i decided to get a refurbished, as good as new Vege engine fitted which set me back about £3000 which consisted of 1900 for engine on part exchange basis, water pump, clutch thermostat and housing and a few other bits and bats. 19000 miles in with the engine and its running sweet, sure things have gone wrong due to a sensor etc but the engine itself is solid and doesnt even use anywhere near the amount quoted in the manual :D

Its currently got fitted a Cat back supersprint exhaust with the oval tailpipe, though cant decide if this looks too big, what do you think? Also has a Miltek sports cat and is attached to a raceland 6 branch manifold - excellent quality for the price, it is also wrapped in heat wrap. BMC CDA also fitted - and i absolutely love the noise :twisted:

The car is sat on KW V1 coilovers, these are not the first suspension i fitted after removing the standard setup. I also tried some V-Maxx coilovers, fk shocks/springs and koni shocks and HR springs setup. I have to say the KWs are BRILLIANT. I love them, they are comfortable enough for daily use (which i do) but stiff enough to give plenty of confidence with road holding on the bendy bits.

The car is also sat on a set of 16x7.5j ATS alloys (thanks Hasan! :D who also inspired me to start a members gallery thread) and i think they look rather good and sits nicely on them - much better then the previous wheels i had and also the Speedlines.

The cars paint work has a few blemishes in a number of places due to stone chips and idiots who cant prevent their car doors from hitting others car :bad-words: But despite that does polish up rather well. However inside i am disliking the white and grey striped interior i see a number of non leather VRs fitted with. Would like to get it changed to a black cloth interior in the near future just to improve the cabin.

Any constructive comments & opinions welcome :D

I've attached a few more pics of when i first got the car to different wheels fitted to how it is now (apologise for the pics all being on the drive i dont have the habit of taking the car somewhere to take some pics... BUT i will at some point when the weather improves :D )

Edited by Critical_Mass

Finally dude! Looks really sweet and its gotta be good with a pretty new engine in the mix. 8)

Have you got a higher angle shot of the tailpipe? Its a bit hard to tell the size in the shot.

very nice 8) my first valver was that colour and still my favorite by a stretch, got the same seats by the sound of it and can't wait to get shut of them too!

I like your pipe :D ......from that angle it looks spot on.

personally I like the speedies but each to there own, looking good sir :salute:

Cheers guys, thanks for the comments :salute:

I'll try get another pic of the tail pipe.

Danny - i like the speedlines also, but wanted something a little bigger tbh. :D

Danny - i like the speedlines also, but wanted something a little bigger tbh. :D

.....ahhhh we must put together that special order 16 inch speedline group buy.......if anyone could be arsed to organise it I'm sure there would be a lot of us willing to jump on the band wagon :lol: .......cant remember who has them on here but they look spot on IMO.

.....ahhhh we must put together that special order 16 inch speedline group buy.......if anyone could be arsed to organise it I'm sure there would be a lot of us willing to jump on the band wagon :lol: .......cant remember who has them on here but they look spot on IMO.[/quote:15ic2x28]

Indeed mate. One big prob for me though, i dont have the cash at the moment. :(

.....ahhhh we must put together that special order 16 inch speedline group buy.......if anyone could be arsed to organise it I'm sure there would be a lot of us willing to jump on the band wagon :lol: .......cant remember who has them on here but they look spot on IMO.[/quote:1jyxwurz]

I think i'm one of the few who dont feel too much affection for the speedies - its not a bad wheel, but i do think the Corrado looks underwheeled with 15" rims. 16 is really very nice and Gaz's motor looks superb on those ATS rims. Wish i hadnt got rid now...

16" speedies would however look good, if they were more concave rather than convex, imho.

looks well nice must say although bias is the best colour. nice work. Liking the look from the back with the wide rims and cant really the pipe is too big

Nice to see more bordeaux pearl vrs being done instead of broken :clap:

.....ahhhh we must put together that special order 16 inch speedline group buy.......if anyone could be arsed to organise it I'm sure there would be a lot of us willing to jump on the band wagon :lol: .......cant remember who has them on here but they look spot on IMO.

I think i'm one of the few who dont feel too much affection for the speedies - its not a bad wheel, but i do think the Corrado looks underwheeled with 15" rims. 16 is really very nice and Gaz's motor looks superb on those ATS rims. Wish i hadnt got rid now...

16" speedies would however look good, if they were more concave rather than convex, imho.[/quote:lq0uxp9o]

Cheers Hasan. Thats what i think also, the Corrado should have come with 16s as standard imo. The 16" speedlines, are they flatter faced then the standard 15" speedlines?

Lilfuzzer - Bordeaux looks stunning when its washed and polised. But it can look dirty pretty quickly :( though thats an excuse to give it another wash :lol: :D

Added a few more pics. A couple to give you the idea of the tail pipe. To be honest it doesnt look as big in the pics. Also one of the rear aero wiper ive just fitted and finally one of the engine bay, but we've all seen a standard VR engine bay before :lol: Want to polish the manifold to tidy it up a bit. Plus tidy the engine plastics tidying up.

Tell me about it Gaz mine looks spot on the generally a bird s****s on it then as soon as go to work and drive sround the site it gets covered in dust :(

But defo when clean LOVE IT

Car looks lovely mate 8)

Where did you get the aero wiper from?

How firm is your current ride compared to the Koni TA/H&R combo? If you are ever in the Peak I would love a ride so I can finally make up my mind on wether to go for the KW1's or not! :grin:

Matt

Car looks lovely mate 8)

Where did you get the aero wiper from?

How firm is your current ride compared to the Koni TA/H&R combo? If you are ever in the Peak I would love a ride so I can finally make up my mind on wether to go for the KW1's or not! :grin:

Matt

Thanks Leonard! I got the aero wiper from ebay actually was about £5 delivered! :-D

Well without trying to repeat what i said in other posts :lol: they are noticeably harder, but very compliant. I use the car as a daily and i've not once though the ride was too hard considering our roads and those damn speed bumps. You wouldnt be disappointed with them. What you got fitted at the mo?

Well without trying to repeat what i said in other posts :lol: they are noticeably harder, but very compliant. I use the car as a daily and i've not once though the ride was too hard considering our roads and those damn speed bumps. You wouldnt be disappointed with them. What you got fitted at the mo?

Still got my old Koni damper Eibach spring combo. Doing my head in now though LOL

Still got my old Koni damper Eibach spring combo. Doing my head in now though LOL

Yeah ive read various times that the Eibach springs are some what stiff :?

Well Thursday, i changed the front top mounts and bearings and comparing the old with the new, the old were well and truely worn. I also gave it its 20k oil change :D its purring like a kitten and is the running of the engine is noticably smoother and more eager to go. Not that it was running bad before the oil change but its amazing what nice fresh oil can do. :D

Yesterday it went in for its MOT (as per other thread, maybe i should have put MOT stuff in here to begin with), but it did PASS with no problems at all, no advisors either which im over the moon about.

Results of the emissions test is also very pleasing

No advisors either

Check these emission figures out -

CO % max = 0.30 car = 0.22

HC ppm max = 200 car = 17

idle CO % max = 0.50 car = 0.06

I got a new 50mm spliter for it as the 90mm was cracked to hell after getting battered from speedbumps :(

Also a new wiper arm linkage (from motor to drivers wiper arm) just incase the current one pops off again like it did when it was raining :? I keep string in the car now just in case and as hope that i have a passenger if it breaks again :lol:

My next job is to change the fuel gauge sender to see if it makes the gauge more accurate then it is. I did attempt it yesterday but bottled it, as to be frank messing around with things surrounded by fuel and fuel vapour scared the hell out of me, i will give it another go then

Can anyone confirm that the fuel pump just unscrews from the bottom of the tank? As thats has far as i got and couldnt see how it was fixed to the tank thus wasnt sure how to get the thing out.

Yeah mate the pump unscrewes from the bottom of the tank its quite fiddely trying to pull it through the hole in the boot but its fairly straight forward.

Found a nice present had been left for me this morning. A nice scrape along the NS corner of the rear bumper :bad-words:

Dunno how long its been there, but it must have happened in the last week as i washed the car last weekend and there was no scrape. Cowardly b@stards clearly didnt want to leave a note or anything. Makes me so mad. Luckily (i think) its not so bad that a bit of touch up paint wont cover it up, but thats not the point! GRRR! :censored:

Found a nice present had been left for me this morning. A nice scrape along the NS corner of the rear bumper :bad-words:

Dunno how long its been there, but it must have happened in the last week as i washed the car last weekend and there was no scrape. Cowardly b@stards clearly didnt want to leave a note or anything. Makes me so mad. Luckily (i think) its not so bad that a bit of touch up paint wont cover it up, but thats not the point! GRRR! :censored:

Thats so annoying, bloody bar stewards :mad2:

Thats so annoying, bloody bar stewards :mad2:[/quote:pr5tgg7y]

I know mate! :(

This is why i park over 2 spaces normally. But i know some people dont like others doing this. But i always say i'll continue to do it until people learn how to park, or not knock doors on other peoples cars etc.. which we all know will never happen :p

I know mate! :(

This is why i park over 2 spaces normally. But i know some people dont like others doing this. But i always say i'll continue to do it until people learn how to park, or not knock doors on other peoples cars etc.. which we all know will never happen :p

[/quote:1hdo86p5][/quote:1hdo86p5]

.....this will sound probably unfair, but I dont mind people who do this who have nice cars and then it is obvious why they do it, but too often I see people doing it who have shit box's and then they are doing it out of lazyness :bad-words: .......I just park miles away with spaces either side of me and sacrifice the extra walk and complaints from the girlfriend :)