Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

New Milltek system just fitted...does it 'settle down'?

sorry mods if this is repeated elsewhere - it's just a quick one.

Just wondering if the exhaust note changes in tone/volume from new to when it's 'worn in' so to speak.

cheers

Every exhaust will change its note once it starts get to carboned up - more of a subtle change than a fundamental change though

Ive always felt the Miltec was very discreet, hardly any more noise than the stock system except perhaps at high loads.

The carbon will dampen the noise level over time, thats the same as any new system.

Ive always felt the Miltec was very discreet, hardly any more noise than the stock system except perhaps at high loads.

The carbon will dampen the noise level over time, thats the same as any new system.

I'd have to agree there, mine is very civilised up to about 4K and full throttle. Although I do have a BMC CDA fitted which is significantly noisier that most exhaust systems! But I do think the pair can be both easy on the ears driving steady and sound great at full tilt. Plus I must point out zero droning from mine.

Did I once hear 2 different versions of Miltek were available?

cheers guys. i guess it's more be-fitting the cars performance, unlike the Saxo/Corsa bodykit crew! :lol:

I did, i think!, feel an increase in pull when doing 65/70mph in 5th, just a slight press on the wow-wow pedal and it started to pull away a bit more easier then before :shrug: ....again, this is very much open to interpretation :lol:

Mines had a milltek since '02, and it does drone a little bit at motorway speeds but it's not any more noticeable than the wind noise in mine to be honest!

And up to 4k it is pretty civilised, the noise you get when you're giving it some though :luvlove:

Just need to sort out that bloody clattering noise from the waterpump/alt area thingy...

Mines had a milltek since '02, and it does drone a little bit at motorway speeds but it's not any more noticeable than the wind noise in mine to be honest!

And up to 4k it is pretty civilised, the noise you get when you're giving it some though :luvlove:

Just need to sort out that bloody clattering noise from the waterpump/alt area thingy...

KR 16v drones with the stock system though :lol:

There is a resonated and non resonated version of these milteks. my resonated one is fine without any drone.

Has the resonated 1 got an extra box, mine is on about 8 weeks and its a bit noiser then i was hoping for ( must be non resonated ) wonder if you can add an extra box to the non resonated one to make it resonated :scratch:

There is a resonated and non resonated version of these milteks. my resonated one is fine without any drone.

Has the resonated 1 got an extra box, mine is on about 8 weeks and its a bit noiser then i was hoping for ( must be non resonated ) wonder if you can add an extra box to the non resonated one to make it resonated :scratch:

I'll let you know how many box's mine has tomorrow.