Sign in to follow this  
C5 OEM

bonnet sound proofing

Mmm do you really think materials used in building applications would be oil and petrol proof? It may by not flammable it self bu what about it with any flammable liquid?

At home you don't have long lasting high heat. What is the temperature range of it?

Last question: Could you show me just one of these stuff which gets placed around gas and oil boilers with just GOOD sound deadening properties?

how about a roll of fibre glass loft insulation, you won't set fire to that :nuts:

TBH I wouldn't worry about whether it's possible to set fire to one type of insulation or another, you're not lagging the exhasut manifold with it and I'd be more worried about a petrol line splitting and spraying petrol around the bay, or your ignition switch setting light to the dash.

It's up to the age of the vehicle.

In my previous car washer under injector start genly leaking and under heavy acceleration sprayed fuel on the engine.

Regarding the fibre glass.

Automotive matts are made of butyl or other chemical stuff because of the many varies reasons.

If it would be helthy / safe I presume many manfacturers would do cheaper option rather than asphalt based matts or the best and most expensive butyl rubber.

Try to think why no one use fibre glass in other than stattic places when once fitted are never moved again?

Why builders fitting fibre glass with gloves and mask on the face ?

The answer is because it's not healthy to inhale it's pieces to the lungs.

I wouldn't buy a car with fibre glass fitted under carpet or even worse under speaker / Subwoofer (SIC!!!) Would you??