Sign in to follow this  
vr6stormer

I'm going mad!!

Should i let my "Storm" go to buy an RX-8 i had a test drive in 1 and really liked it.

I have a buyer for it but still not sure if i should let it go--i know i'll regret it!! :roll:

surely you don't need to ask this question ;)

you know you'll regret it :twisted:

If I was in a financial position to do it then I'd be down the Mazda garage ASAP, well, the Nissan garage as the 350Z is much nicer imo.

Drove a 350z today and was a little dissappointed as it didn't give me any wow factor at all in fact i prefer my C to it even at todays standards.

So i wouldn't sell it to buy a 350 anyway :roll:

Well ...its hard to compare the two cars ...where I live there's a hell of a lot more RX-8's than Corrado's running about. So if you like to follow the fashion then go for it :wink:

Seriously though, Mazda are now one off ...if not thee best mass production car manufactures' in the World

Well ...its hard to compare the two cars ...where I live there's a hell of a lot more RX-8's than Corrado's running about. So if you like to follow the fashion then go for it :wink:

Seriously though, Mazda are now one off ...if not thee best mass production car manufactures' in the World

But... but... but It's a Ford! FFS :p (BTW You do get a bit of VW in the RX8, as they still pay rights to VAG for use of the Wankel rotary engine :lol: )

Well a friend of mine just test drove he RX8 on Monday.. he said it was a total beaut, but would be looking to buy one ASAP if he wasn't just about to take out a mortgage on a new house!!

I like the look of them.. just a little out of my price range!

I'd rather get as much Porsche 911 as you can for £22K to be honest......a nice N plate 993 in black would be perfect, but you still need about £35-£40K for one of those last time I looked :cry:

I cant comment on the driving experience as I havent driven one yet but IMO the RX8 will be alot like the audi TT in that when you first see them they have a real "wow" factor about them, but after a while (due to the superb price tag, engineering quality etc) there will be lot of them on the road. If you dont see that as a problem then go for it.....................just find a way to keep the storm..........

yep.........keep the storm, my friend just bought the RX-8, hes had a few electrical probs already, while we were out in it, we saw 2 other ones!

keep it......if you are already thinking about regretting if you sold it......imagine how bad you'd feel if you did sell and DID REGRET it :wink:

i like the RX8 alot, and i'd really hate to see it go the way of the TT. Far too many on the road to make them 'special' and the image dragged down for the average driver by super-trendy people owning them. The interior looks fantastic, much like the TT's did when they first came out, and those doors are soooo cool. theres a couple round here, and IMO they look the nuts in black or dark blue. I'd be tempted, but really i dont think they're going to have that exclusivity factor that the C, and especially a storm, has.

Still going mad------Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!

Found this on another motoring forum, might help, might not...

Lived with my RX8 for 3+months & 5000miles now so I know a little about it.

Space in the back? loads. you can fit 4 6ft people in if you have to. I've been in the back (5'8") for several long journeys and its vey nice, most people say its like posh airplane seating.

Fuel consumption : I get roughly 20mpg, which is 95% urban, and above the quoted lower number of 18mpg. I havnt yet got more than 25mpg but I never take it easy on long trips either, sure its not great but not that bad for its class.

Oil consumption : I use roughly 1 litre every 2000 miles. This will depend on your driving style. I dont check every two tanks of fuel because I now know when I should be putting some in. Got rx8ownersclub discount on oil, £30 for 10litres so thats £30 every 20,000miles. no problem.

The engine is incredible. Torque is enough but the car is about rpm and smooth power, cruising down the motorway in 3rd at 70mph and 7krpm smoothe as silk and then boot it to 9.5k. or in 6th at 80, foot down and just glide forward.

Theres no power band as such, just a smoothe power delivery, with a very flat curve, so no vtec/turbo kick so if you want shove in the back stuff go elsewhere.

My dad also test drove one and said that whilst it was a very nice car, there's not enough torque for those moments when you need it (a bit like the way you have to change down or rag the a*se of a v-tec to overtake), when in a n/a 3L 6-pot (or similar car) you can get away with just pointy toes :lol:

DtM.

I t will be coming over to Eire if i sell it--so he can carry on winning the Limerick Trophy!! :D

Hi Ian :salute:

I wasn't sure if this post wasfrom the 'vr6stormer' I knew...

Your Storm is a real classic m8, but I get the feeling that you have it a fair while now & would like a change.

Have you still got the Type-R?

But... but... but It's a Ford! FFS :p (BTW You do get a bit of VW in the RX8, as they still pay rights to VAG for use of the Wankel rotary engine :lol: )

Sorry J, as much as we try to deny it ...Mazda always come up trumphs in all the major car surveys ...sometimes having three or more cars in the top ten ...can't atrgue with that

Hi Ian

I wasn't sure if this post wasfrom the 'vr6stormer' I knew...

Your Storm is a real classic m8, but I get the feeling that you have it a fair while now & would like a change.

Have you still got the Type-R?

Yes i still have it and it is loosening up nicely now it has done 13k now.

Yes i still have it and it is loosening up nicely now it has done 13k now.

13K, isn't that where the rev limiter kicks in :lol:

Those things climb the rev counter faster than VR6 rev counters drop on over-run!