Sign in to follow this  
DaveStorm

Is now the best time to buy a C?

Just wondered how low Corrado prices will go before they finally do start to appreciate, as many motor journalists keep saying they will. I know early 16 valvers can be picked up fairly cheaply now, but on Autotrader there's a K plate VR6 for under £3k and even a late N plate VR6 for just £3.5k! So is now the time to snap up these bargains before the prices climb? :wink:

I was just looking through Autotrader thinking that there's a lot of cheap cars.

Got me thinking.....what will a nice C be worth in 4 years time?

Hmmm... make sure you get a decent one though... if its a dog it doesn't matter how cheap you bought it unless you're prepared to plough money back into it to get it back up to scratch..

Plough is the word!

I wonder if anyone has specced the price just in parts for a new corrado from VW? (Ignoring labour and assembly).

Even discounting the body panels it wouldn't surprise me if the total cost of bits was around £50k!!

(Given that a VR6 engine block costs £2800 + VAT, before you've bought pistons etc etc...)

Any times the best time to buy a C, just make sure its in good nick and if its at a good price, dont hesitate! :)

i bought mine with the thought that it'd be worth practically nothing in a few years time, if it goes up in price then... bonus! :mrgreen:

i CAN'T BELIVE YOU'RE EVEN CONSIDERING SELLING!! who gives a f*ck what theyr'e 'worth'? mine's worth more to me than anyone will give me for it, so I'm keeping it.

I was looking on the trader too, there are some cheap ones about, some looks like real bargains, but alot with high miles, as long as its been looked after & got good history etc you'd get a good car :)

I plan on holding on to myn, so don't care what its worth at the mo! :roll:

With even the newest car approaching 9 years old decent well maintained (with history, few owners) cars will become few and far between. The best time to buy is when you find a genuinely good one not just a cheap one. Cars depreciate anyway so nothing is certain but the rule of thumb is you get what you pay for.

I'm planning on keeping mine too. With regular cleaning, servicing and generally keeping on top of any probs I reckon that most original condition, well looked after Corrados shouldn't really drop in value that much more. It's a guaranteed future classic, if not already IMHO :)

people have asked me what car i`m gonna get next...an` i say i`m not!

reason: i got a `91 1.8 16v, 140,000 miles, few bumps an scrapes...etc

what would i get for it? £2000????

what car would replace my corrado for that kinda money??

Nothing!!

yes they might be quite demanding, cost lots of money and sometimes make you want a new car...

but at the end of the day we own all fantastic cars that are worth as; PhatVR6 said, " worth more to me than anyone will give me for it, so I'm keeping it."

so buy `em and look after them!

ben