mic_VR

24V Conversion Insurance

Only agreed mine at £5k.... Probably worth more to me but since all modified cars are worthless I didn't think I'd bother!

Seriously though, very happy with HIC's service again. Price is maybe a little higher than some are paying but I've got my motorbike accident still on there declared for a few years yet.

It's that time of year again. My circumstances have changed slightly requiring a small increase in mileage and commuting. Greenlight went up to £370. I settled with HIC at £335 in the end, very happy with their service and their quote so a big thumbs up from me. That's a quiet postcode, parked on a driveway, 31, 8 years NCB and 7.5k miles limit with commuting along with legal and courtesy car and agreed value.

Price seems ok mate. Hoping mine will be a bit cheaper this year now I'm living out in the sticks and the car is garaged. Guess we'll see in a few months!

It's that time again! So far the best I've had is £295 from Chris Knott. I'm waiting on a few others to come back to me but at the moment I've at least saved £85 over last year.

I paid £445 all mods declared £10k agreed value 6k miles with commuting etc

Had a couple from others on forum no good prestige was saying around £850 without knowing my age ncd etc. I ended up getting it through Lancaster who I insure cavalier with brilliant team totally go out their way for you. I'm well happy

I spoke to Chris knott and they couldn't get anywhere near 400 for a 28yr old, garaged, 3k mileage with commuting but my 9 years now claims are being "used".

I'm 45!!! Also using no claims 10 yrs it's the R32 engine mate that's what I was told because it is a "fast engine "? Well it's lazily quick!!!!

So Adrian Flux came in at £270, fully comp, 5000 miles a year, garaged in a good area.

just waiting on a few others to get back to me but that's already £100 less than last year.

So in the end I think I'm staying with HIC. Their renewal came in at £345 but given the cheapest quote I got was from their sister company they matched the £270 price and their service has always been good so happy to remain where I am.

Result!

I'm with HIC myself this time around. I couldn't fault them or their telephone manner. Not had to claim luckily so don't know what they are like should the worst happen.

im with cleg giffords, they didnt want any extra money for the engine swap, they just wanted an engineers report done for saftey, But that could of cost an absolute mountain if i hadnt of found a guy that legally understood the swap, one garage said it wouldn't be worth taking on because if something went wrong its on them, All they need to know is that No structural modifications are necessary and it bolts in to the same oem mountings as before so aslong as its fine at the time of inspection then if anything happens after that then its no different to just maintaining and servicing a regular car.