mic_VR

24V Conversion Insurance

Evening Ladies and Gents

Just wondering if I can get some ideas from people who've got VR6's with a 2.8 24V conversion what they are paying for insurance? (as long as you don't mind of course)

Looking to get mine insured this week ready for BVF and I've only managed to get £440 fully comp from Adrian Flux so far but I'll get back on it in the morning. Any good quotes peeps? :norty:

I thought yours was going to be turboed? LOL!

Ha, bloody, ha..... :lol:

it will be turbo'd soon, this is just stage one making sure the 24V conversion part works and everything is sorted with the wiring etc. so there! :p

Nah, baptism of fire mate, just turbo the thing already :lol:

I thought yours was going to be turboed? LOL!

Mine will have Turbo before his :lol:

Mate.... you've got to get Revo's new DSG mapping in the meantime. With the launch control, it's immense :D

O/T, sorry!

Bloody hell youve kept the conversion quiet. Brentacre I was just under £500 fully comp with value at £5k, 6kmiles a year.

Bloody hell youve kept the conversion quiet. Brentacre I was just under £500 fully comp with value at £5k, 6kmiles a year.

I'm sneaky aren't I :lol:

So doesn't anyone else insure they cars once converted?

brentacre just quoted me 2600 quid for a r32 corrado, 5k limit a year, 22 years old. 1years ncb.

brentacre just quoted me 2600 quid for a r32 corrado, 5k limit a year, 22 years old. 1years ncb.

Oh the benfits of 10yrs NCB :) .

I insured mine with Brentacre last year for ~£900 fully comp, 12k miles a year, agreed value of about £5.5k, all mods declared, power capped at 250bhp (ish :wink:). I was 23 with 4 years ncb. R32 though so probs not relevant.

Hopefully it goes down a bit this year at 24 with 5 years ncb, but knowing most insurance companies it will most likely go up!

Quick update, I'm doing this insurance stuff quite slowly! :lol:

Today's quote was from Brentacre - £420 fully comp and thats 5000 miles per year, £4k value, 210 bhp limit and all mods covered (engine, suspension, exhaust, wheels etc)..... so I think thats around the area I'm looking at. TBH I'm quite happy with that, plus they were really helpful when it's been a complete pain trying to get hold of most of the other brokers routinely mentioned on here

Mine was with Adrian flux £600 fully comp. 23 (at the time) 4 years ncb with all mods declared

Mine R32 all mod's declared 9 year's NCB valued 10K 5kmile Adrian Flux £320 fully comp.

I was £220 fully comp with HIC for the 24v, 5yr NCD and 5k miles per year.

It was a classic policy which cant be refunded after the cooling off period, no problem if your not selling though

I saw your post Bill and it made me more aware of that little scam! But as you say, I'll be keeping get it for a good while yet! I got caught out when I cancelled a normal policy and was charged £50 for the privilege! Fine, except my refund was £54 before fees!

Regardless of the intentions of the many insurance companies on here, I always feel like I'm a victim of a cartel! Especially when you hear them saying that prices need to be higher. They are still making money, they wouldn't be in the business otherwise!

I'll stop before this turns into a rant!

An update to this thread. I ended up going with Greenlight in the end, 30 years old,7 years NCB, all mods, 5k, wife on policy, decent postcode and living on my driveway and I got it for £329.

Next best was HIC at £399 going up to Adrian flux at £475. Very happy with my afternoon of phoning about!

That time of year again for me..... better get phoning! I'll try Greenlight this time as well as the usual.

My best price was with brentacre, £440.

33, 8 years ncb, 5k/year, 280bhp limit, everything declared, lives on the road.

Apparently according to one insurer, sky iirc, because I work in the motor industry I'm in a higher risk group, charming!!

Well once again the boys at HIC have done me proud. Not the cheapest renewal quote but a quick call and they beat the cheapest external quote so £380 fully comp, all the legal/courtesy car etc, plus an agreed value, mods declared, city centre on the road. So all in pretty happy.

Greenlight were close but couldn't do the agreed value.