Sign in to follow this  
big ben

what to get the mrs (x rated)

(another what car thread sorry :lol: )

got £4500 for my mrs new car. She wants something small (hatchback), elec windows, 1.2+ but cheap to insure etc, new as possible...

so far we are looking at;

-2007 polo 1.2/1.4 S

-2007 fiest 1.2 Zetec

-Audi A2

and today i have looked into a Fiat Panda 100hp (i know sounds crazy dont it), bit over budget but could be worth it...

pandaback_238782a.jpg

pandafront_238781a.jpg

what do you think is best? im liking the Panda, bit different and pretty funky... or what else should we consider

Had a Panda in Rhodes a couple of weeks ago as a hire car. Cheap and cheerful, that's for sure!

The Fiat 500 has got rave reviews. Not sure when they went into production though

Yep! The air vents close themselves if you have the fan on more than 2 and are directing the air any way other than straight!!

To be fair, it wasn't THAT bad. As I said cheap and cheerful, but what small car isn't these days (apart from the likes of VAG/Merc)

fiat 500 i like, but still expensive at the min

and the polo does seem the best built, best interior and will hold its value most, but its a bit boring :sleeping:

Pretty much exactly the cars we considered too!

The later 90hp A2s chip up to around 115 - 120hp and still do shed loads of mpg if that takes your fancy.

The missus and I went through a phase of liking those, especially as the guys at Stealth Racing were also running around in them as dailies and singing their praises.

I'm glad we didn't get one in the end. It may be an Audi, but it's not, if you know what I mean :D They're not made aswell as their normal cars imo and a bit boxy and small inside.

We got a MK7 Polo (GTI) in the end and every time we see an A2 now, we just giggle to ourselves as they do look a bit :camp: and flimsy :D

The P GTI is exactly like the Corrado in that it's rare, fellow owners acknowledge you and they're quick and fun. We made the right choice :D

We also looked at a Zetec S Fiesta but our local Ford dealer were useless. Car wasn't all that either imo, despite appearing so on paper.

The missus desperately wanted a FIAT 500 but there's no way on earth I would be seen dead in that ghastly thing, so I talked her out of it.

So yeah, granted I was looking at performance flavours of those cars, but just thought I'd share our experiences.

The Polo feels by far the sturdiest and toughest car of the lot, if that's important to you!

Bit of a rare beast but Polo GT Tdi is a winner.

My sis has one and you cant argue with 130bhp and 220lbft as standard. 180bhp + and 300lbft + chipped! :norty:

Plus great mpg blah blah etc etc :wink:

Quite expensive still though, but great residuals

Matt

dont think she would drive a diesel no matter how powerful if im honest... and i would love to get a mk7 gti kev (i like them in white) but they a bit too much, so a boring little 1.4 it might have to be

dont think she would drive a diesel no matter how powerful if im honest... and i would love to get a mk7 gti kev (i like them in white) but they a bit too much, so a boring little 1.4 it might have to be

Worth a test drive I promise :grin:

Get her a handbag and a dildo.

If she doesn't like the bag she can go f**k herself :lol:

Nissan Micra? My partner got one a few months back and we're chuffed to bits with it. Interior feels really good quality, the diesel one (which we got) is £35/year to tax (!!) and it's surprisingly spacious. Compared to the Ford Ka she used to have before, it's like going up from a MK3 Golf to an Audi A4 :)

Not had to go through servicing etc yet as it was brand new.. but sure you must be able to get a few year old one in your ballpark price range?

Get her a handbag and a dildo.

If she doesn't like the bag she can go f**k herself :lol:

:notworthy: