n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Great car, whats the next plan? I get the feeling you aren't finished yet...

So much remains on my list of things to do... Don't think I'll ever finish! But an SQS Gear set in the winter is the main priority, then new rear brakes (was thinking Mk4 but will see if Tarox do anything matching), paintwork, more trimming and some tidying up in general. The engine bay needs a lot of attention too, but in order to do a proper job it would all have to come out. Don't think I'd have the balls to do that any time soon! (especially as I don't have a garage)

Ahh the Oettinger 8x17s on the car to the right of yours, they bring back memories! I think a couple of sets of those did the rounds on the forum some years back. Heavy, but nice!

I don't really care about your car or your recent achievements. I just thought I'd drop my little trip down memory lane in there!

Only kidding :D Love the Double Din work and the cup holder. I never thought either were possible when I had my Rado, but you've shown it can be done and look OEM in the process. Kudos my man!

You're a bad man. I thought my Corrado days were numbered, but this is all inspiring me to hunt down the mintest Ice Grey in the country and dust off my turboing gloves again.

I really like those Oettinger wheels actually, had never seen or heard of them before so was pleasantly surprised. The car they're on has some really nice touches too and IMO was very under rated. Can't thank you enough Kev for all of your help and advice when going turbo - I think I'll keep my eyes peeled for a mint Ice grey one for you ;) Go TFSI though, that way I can draw upon your expertise if I ever decide to do another Corrado project ;)

Congrats on the win Nick, it certainly was deserved. You've started with the best Corrado (classic green storm) and just improved everything, I was really impressed with the interior as it looked completely stock and the wheels really suit the car. The turbo installation is far more descrete then I was expecting.

Can I put my name down for a spin in it next time I see you please?

Thanks a lot Chris, I actually think your car was much more worthy than mine - the attention to detail is unreal. I felt embarrassed when I was being asked to pop my bonnet as you were parked right next to me, looking fresher than how it came out of the factory 8)

And, any excuse to take the car out for a blast! Call shotgun next time I see you 8) There's room for 1 more in the back too :norty:

Nick

Any time. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah that's a good shout actually, TSI, or maybe the recent VAG TDI engine that Vince mentioned to me recently, which apparently has an insane torque curve and feels like a petrol turbo to drive!

Can't do it until I've bought my next house though. Currently renting my Dad's old house which has no garage or covered working space :(

Yeah that's a good shout actually, TSI, or maybe the recent VAG TDI engine that Vince mentioned to me recently, which apparently has an insane torque curve and feels like a petrol turbo to drive!

Can't do it until I've bought my next house though. Currently renting my Dad's old house which has no garage or covered working space :(

Find your old one, buy it back, sell me the engine and get your TDI installed in its place!

Stunning car Nick, extremely well executed. I'll let you know next time i'm in WGKenny

I share your pain! Really miss having a garage. TDI? Don't think I could ever go ahead with one of those, despite the insane torque curve. TSI though, in a Corrado sprayed Oak Green... hmm 8)

Stunning car Nick, extremely well executed. I'll let you know next time i'm in WGKenny

Thanks Hasan, let me know a little in advance if you can so that I can bring the C in :)

Nick

There used to be an Oak Green Corrado on here and very nice it was too, but the colour suits the MK2 Golf better imo.

Helious blue might also suit a Corrado :)

A friend drew me a picture to celebrate my win. The git :lol:

altAm2Z3qsm11Jxaj6AcuTHHkQzYW6O81LKr8VDtMVMH2Zh1_zpsb32df55b.jpg

There used to be an Oak Green Corrado on here and very nice it was too, but the colour suits the MK2 Golf better imo.

Helious blue might also suit a Corrado :)

Been looking for photos of it for a while, am sure there was a US one i'm thinking of, driving down a tree lined road with a sort of blur effect.

How are you finding the sub mate?

I'm loving it! Although I did fit it alongside some components and rears so it has all completely transformed the audio quality inside. I cranked the bass right up the other day just to see what it could do and was impressed (as were a couple of friends). I like the fact that it's small enough to not be such a burden in the boot, and already amplified which made wiring a lot easier. The little bass controller that you put in the cabin is also a handy device too. For my own needs it provides enough of a kick without getting silly.

Nick

I'm loving it! Although I did fit it alongside some components and rears so it has all completely transformed the audio quality inside. I cranked the bass right up the other day just to see what it could do and was impressed (as were a couple of friends). I like the fact that it's small enough to not be such a burden in the boot, and already amplified which made wiring a lot easier. The little bass controller that you put in the cabin is also a handy device too. For my own needs it provides enough of a kick without getting silly.

Nick

Hi nick - what sub did you go for m8? Ive been looking to replace my 10" kenwood as the box is so god damn heavy

Alpine SWE-815 8" Amplified. Obviously not the most prestigious of equipment, but for the price/performance I find it to be a really good little sub 8)

Alpine SWE-815 8" Amplified. Obviously not the most prestigious of equipment, but for the price/performance I find it to be a really good little sub 8)

tidy thanks m8 i will have a look at it :)

Pau1 has the oak green Corrado. Still has it as far as I know. Hasnt moved for years I think, he out playing in his Gallardo most of the time. Lucky sod.

I know the Corrado these days looks small compared to modern metal, but my neighbours car just dwarfs it completely :lol:

WP_20140606_001_zps690cfbc2.jpg

Also thinking of getting these magnetic door defenders. Might look stupid when parked up (and potentially nicked), but I'm thinking it's a good solution to protecting your paint against taller cars (where their door opens on the crease and not on the original side strips). Thoughts?

test_order_02.jpg

http://www.doorshox.com/car-door-protectors.htm

Pau1 has the oak green Corrado. Still has it as far as I know. Hasnt moved for years I think, he out playing in his Gallardo most of the time. Lucky sod.

Can't blame him in that case! It must the Oak Green one I can see on Google Images - looks great!

Small update, went to GTI International today - a big selection of some very nice cars and I saw some good action on the strip. Due to the lack of club stand I decided to enter into the show and shine. I felt like my car was the odd one out as I was surrounded by newer metal, air suspension and mega bucks alloys :) Very surprised again to come home with a trophy!

Only managed to take a couple of really bad pics! Sorry ...

DSC_0456_zps426f3839.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsb0d71820.jpg

Mega warped splash guard :lol:

DSC_0468_zpsdab2d54d.jpg

DSC_04562_zps5fd9bb6e.jpg

Did you win the Corrado class Nick? what class was it? Car looked lovely mate :thumbleft:

Did you win the Corrado class Nick? what class was it? Car looked lovely mate :thumbleft:

Aye, class 10 (corrado) I believe :)

Aye, class 10 (corrado) I believe :)

Good man well deserved :thumbleft: Don't go slacking on us now :)