DarrenVR6

What's it worth thread? Mum's VR6!

It's the predictability of it all that gets to me really. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. What did I say not one or two pages back?

And seriously - anyone who pays that for a Corrado needs their head examining.

Did the OP ever let on how much these jokers actually paid for the car?

It's the predictability of it all that gets to me really. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. What did I say not one or two pages back?

Massbads will be next?

Non have sold yet tho so they're just chancing their luck?

Did the OP ever let on how much these jokers actually paid for the car?

I've linked both listings in the ebay section

The thing is Jim, they are not selling. Most of them have been advertised for months now, any normal Corrado enthusiast would never dream of paying anywhere near those over inflated greedy barsteward prices

I've linked both listings in the ebay section

Wow nearly double. Ludicrous.

The thing is Jim, they are not selling. Most of them have been advertised for months now, any normal Corrado enthusiast would never dream of paying anywhere near those over inflated greedy barsteward prices

Another point is insurance values.... how many insurance companies will give a guaranteed value of 20k on a corrado vr6....?

Another point is insurance values.... how many insurance companies will give a guaranteed value of 20k on a corrado vr6....?

That's a good point - I mean just because someone has paid that price for the car, doesn't actually mean it's worth it.

I had a conversation with someone over the weekend at Harewood which I happen to agree with.

We are the ones who keep the prices low. We are forever complaining at the price of the vehicles when advertised, and some, are selling at the higher prices.

But as long as we are negative about the prices on here - the main forum for the Corrado - which prospective buyers will view, then of course the prices will not rise.

I am led to believe cars of a similar age but massively more manufactured are selling at higher prices.

It really is time - there was some more positive threads about the rising prices, surely its what everyone wants of their cherished Corrado's ? !!

Lets be serious we are not the ones who are buying - so why would we not want them to gain as much money as is possible.

Indeed, if anything it will help stop people breaking them, there was a time when a decent corrado vr could be had for £3-4k and a heap for £1000-£1500, If the top corrados are now worth £10k+ (which people have paid) then the less cared for examples are maybe worth more then £1000 so people might decide to sell whole rather than break it.

You could buy a £2k example, spend £6k on it and sell for over £10k.

Got to remember the youngest corrados are now a 20-21yr old car and there aren't that many for sale anymore. Would people rather the prices stayed low forever? Poor little corrados must felt neglected and unloved if they don't start going up in value, what have they ever done wrong? :lol:

All high prices do it is price real enthusiasts out of the market, the cars become a comodity and you see what you have here, dealers speculating to accumulate. As prices spiral youll see less and less on the roads as the cars become too special for regular use

If your a real enthusiast you should already have a corrado imo

If your a real enthusiast you should already have a corrado... and a fully stocked tool cabinet!

If your a real enthusiast you should already have a corrado imo

Life dictates sometimes you have to sell and buy back as and when you have funds available.

By the same notion an enthusiast should never sell?

If your a real enthusiast you should already have a corrado... and a fully stocked tool cabinet!

With a credit card compartment!

I had a conversation with someone over the weekend at Harewood which I happen to agree with.

We are the ones who keep the prices low. We are forever complaining at the price of the vehicles when advertised, and some, are selling at the higher prices.

But as long as we are negative about the prices on here - the main forum for the Corrado - which prospective buyers will view, then of course the prices will not rise.

I am led to believe cars of a similar age but massively more manufactured are selling at higher prices.

It really is time - there was some more positive threads about the rising prices, surely its what everyone wants of their cherished Corrado's ? !!

Lets be serious we are not the ones who are buying - so why would we not want them to gain as much money as is possible.

indeed Wendy & a good point made.

i saw a god damn vauxhall nova sell for £14K the other week - £14K for a fricking Nova!! on those lines my old 1.4SR would currently be more than my VR even though they were made in much much greater numbers

personally, i think on this forum we dont mind & often support the higher prices when being sold by genuine owners - in that i mean it is not a trader trying to make a quick buck after they have driven down the price they paid form the seller. however that is their business but, again personally, i would never agree with selling to a trader again

i think the moaning about running costs for our rado's also drives a lot of negativity, all of which is unnecessary. when you do the math & compare total costs to run either lease or pay for a 'new' car for a year the outlay is phenomenal & often you dont even own the car - never mind the depreciation!

my valver for example costs me £30 per month to OWN, tax & insure. it has just passed it MOT with no issues & had a service - lets say £250 with the donor headlights i had to buy for the adjusters. so, apart from fuel & consumables like tires i have an annual outlay of £280 & it is currently going UP in value

i know that would barely even cover 1 months installment(rental lol) of a 'new' car

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Thing is I do love these cars. So the reason I get irate at the high prices, is because they're not prices being determined by enthusiasts based on the effort that they've put into a car they've cherished for years - they're just traders rocking up and looking to make a large profit off the back of the efforts of others. I just hate seeing people trying to take advantage of other people!

But maybe I should just shut up as it only benefits the rest of us. I just find it hard to drill that notion into my head!

Dox - There will always be Traders and Dealers - there is in everything - a fact of life sadly. I do agree it is sad some will be garaged and barely used - but this happens in all marks and makes.

But Then there will always be enthusiasts too - who I reckon will mostly have bought when the prices are lower anyway, else they were not much of an enthusiast - IMO. Plus you will always see some - albeit occasionally.

Just look at the MGB GT, Spitfire, Roadster market - that is the same - seldom seen but around.

It is just life - sadly - else there would have been a newer Corrado produced !! Another conversation......

Have to say - finally the new (or not so new now) Sirocco is finally growing on me - won't be buying one mind.

For me the price is a little relevant, as I'm never selling.

I think the biggest problem with Corrado's is getting the parts and the fact it's not for your average person therefore your market is small and will never appeal to the normal guy on the street.

Just my thoughts....