Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

Quiet exhausts

This is something i will eventullay look into, cause my magnex exhaust is way too loud for me, im not really a fan of loud exhausts on small engines

Which perfomance exhausts are the quietest?

Or would it be a better idea to add an additional silencer to my exsisting system?

Supersprint. They claim to deliver performance wth factory sound and whats more its true, great fit too.

Supersprint. They claim to deliver performance wth factory sound and whats more its true, great fit too.

Albeit with a deeper idle tone :lol:

Hey I have just bought a milltek full system for my 2.0l to change from standard and IMO the in-car noise is mildly louder.

Outside it gurgles nice and deeply on idle but not to noisy. My friends that have seen and heard it think its just right for car and they are all fairly straight laced when it comes to the car modding scene.

I am not sure if the CAT has something to do with that so it may well sound different on a pre 92.

i also got a Milltek and its sounds absolutely brilliant slightly louder than std and a nice soft rumble on idle,,,wouldnt buy anything else also fits like std too

I picked up a Supersrint system (straight thruogh,no boxes) except back box (which is Laser)for about £80+vat from halfords,u can only order it through certain stores though.Mine is loud when booted,and gurgles fine when in idle.

Cheers Fraser

My Magnex is WAY too loud.. wouldn't mind something a lot quieter on my Corrado when I get some spare pennies!

Group buy on OE zorsts? :D

Cuuuussssstttttooooooommmmm mmmmmmaaaadddddeeeeee...... ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist! :p

Seriously, if you know of a GOOD custom S/S exhaust place locally, go for it... it may cost slightly more, but you can ask for the type of sound you want... 8)

If you're up near South Manchester, try Jp exhausts in Macclesfield... 8)

Could always get an OE exhaust, and get a custom downpipe if necessary. The VR6 exhaust should be plenty capable of quietening the air flow from a 20VT.