Sam.l

Please help a wet floored Corrado!

Oh its so much fun :lol: Headlining out this weekend methinks then. And if it leaks after that......grrrr.

Oh its so much fun :lol: Headlining out this weekend methinks then. And if it leaks after that......grrrr.

let me know how easy you found removing the headling, this is my next job i reckon.

Yeah will do, gonna have a go tomorow. From what adolf1976 posted it doesnt sound too difficult. Hopefully.... :lol:

Door membranes are another main culprit for wet footwells. Have you tried sitting in the car with someone running a hose over it?

Mine was the foliage seal, Easy fix for once.

I did have a look at the door membranes, but im guessing that you would see water from the bottom of inside the door falling into the footwell if it was? My carpets seem to be wet from underneath which is why im thinkin/hoping its one of the sunroof drainage pipes. Ill know soon enough i guess.

Not as yet! haven't managed to get off my lazy ass and take the headlining out to look at the sunroof drainage pipes. I'm thinking/hoping this is the cause 'cos I have the leak in the exact same place, passenger rear. Can't see it being anything else really.

any news on this at all?? my passenger rear footwell is like a swimming pool cant seem to find the leak

moving into the front footwell now its getting deep i have sat in the car with no rear seats no passenger seat and the carpet lifted

could not see anything coming in

if its the sunroof does it have to open to fix the problem as my sunroof does not slide

this winter is a nightmare deicing the insides or my car everyday

if you've got the seats and carpet removed, sprinkle some talcum powder all over the place and give it a rinse over. You'll get water tracks to pinpoint the leak precisely. Haven't looked through th thread, but i presume you've done the normal foliage seal, door card membranes, window seals, boot lid and badges?

if you've got the seats and carpet removed, sprinkle some talcum powder all over the place and give it a rinse over. You'll get water tracks to pinpoint the leak precisely. Haven't looked through th thread, but i presume you've done the normal foliage seal, door card membranes, window seals, boot lid and badges?

i put everything back in as i thought i had sorted it when i noticed a rubber boot hanging off on the boot lid

surely the foilage seal wont get water in the rear footwell

door cards membranes are good

i aint checked the badges i think its letting in alot of water to get past a badge

the drain pipes for the sunroof may be damaged. When you removed the rear door cards did you see any evidence of water running down the back?

Hi I've got a wet rear passenger footwell, reading this thread it would seem to be blocked drains. Where do the drains run too? Do you need to take the headlinig out or can u get to them if the sunroof slides all the way back?

Thanks for any help!

Hi I've got a wet rear passenger footwell, reading this thread it would seem to be blocked drains. Where do the drains run too? Do you need to take the headlinig out or can u get to them if the sunroof slides all the way back?

Thanks for any help!

I'm in process of sorting mine, looks like it's the foliage seal, waiting for part from stealers , scuttle clips are worth checking as if missing can leak through there. Also if you have cables running through bulk head make sure they are sealed well!. Iv left all the carpets / seats. Out(well tucked in the boot so I can keep an eye on the culprit/s. Gave me excuse to paint footwell:)5688c65a-30e0-7616.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to drag this thread up again. But I'm having the same issue! My passenger front foot well is soaking. I didn't get chance to look at it for a couple of weeks and by that time it must have been 1" deep :eek: I don't get to drive it that much these days and its always parked nose down, leaning slightly down on the passenger side. I replaced the foliage seal and went about drying it out.

Note to everyone else with this problem: Petrol station vacuum cleaners don't work! :p

Managed to borrow a wet/dry vax but after over an hour it was still sucking up water!! So lifted the carpet, took the under glovebox tray out and the plastic cover (over a silver box - excuse my ignorance for what this is) Both bits were literally dripping along with the important looking silver box thing! Pulled back the carpet to reveal the soundproofing/insulation which was holding so much water it must have weighed 5 stone! Went about hoovering the bare floor to get the remaining water up. All dry and soundproofing etc drying on a radiator inside. Didn't look at it for another 2 weeks but found water has pooled again. Mopped it up thinking that its just stuff that hadn't had chance to run down after replacing the seal. Got the mrs to pour water over it while I'm in it to try to see if it was coming in, an hour later nothing had appeared. Fixed I though, only to find a bigger pool a week later.

Everywhere around feels dry, I just don't know where it’s coming from. I'm really putting off taking the headling off as I don't get much chance to look at problems and don't want to have it hanging down for weeks and can't even be sure it’s the sunroof that’s leaking!!

ps. The water is clear so I'm sure its not from the heater matrix

if everything is out of the car, sprinkle some talc all around and you'll see the water tracks next time it rains. Water at the back may just have run down the door sill through a leaking membrane, or perhaps the door seal itself. Might be worth checking this for leaks or it may just be a question of adjusting it slghtly so it closes better against the frame.

Will give the talc idea a go first, thanks. Its not compleatly stripped just the passenger footwell and the carpet is only folded back. Have just had a thought, that becuase there was so much water I guess it could have gone over the seat mount into the rear footwell when driving and as its parked nose down it could be slowly trickling back to the front?

Ok, got off work early and decided to have another look. Mopped up the water that had collected and then went about feeling around the rest of the carpets etc which were all bone dry. Put some talc down and poured some water over. After about 20 mins found some tiny tracks! Tracked it back and a little pool had formed just below the important looking silver box thing (what is this so I can stop calling it this?) The water seemes to be running down the bodyword round or behind this from a seem in the bodywork. See pics. It looks a bit rusty at the corner and its almost level with the door hinge on the other side. The bodywork looks to be in good condition around the hinge.

So where do I go from here?