Map,630cc injectors and mad housing £650

Intercooler £100

Hks bov £200

Pipework 200

Exhaust 400

Manifold £100

Misc... £150

Job done

i dont understand why people think VRT's are expensive either... compared to them skylines i bet there cheap as chips. mine doesnt seem to want more money than a normal VR, im not running silly boost though!

but nothing compares to a VRT imo, and thats why i have one... i brought mine already done, but i would of loved to have built it up over time and done it all my own way like you are!!

have you been in the skyline or a VRT?

Garret gt35 £1000

Tial wastage £200

Map,630cc injectors and mad housing £650

Intercooler £100

Hks bov £200

Pipework 200

Exhaust 400

Manifold £100

Misc... £150

Job done

this is the simplest way but if you add sp cargecooler, sp inlet manifold + full rebuild forge engine + rebuild head you have over 10k.

have you been in the skyline or a VRT?

no and no, anyone would like to give me a drive ?? coullstar :)

Feel free to spend 10k on all those expensive shiny parts all I'm saying is it can be done allot cheaper. Skylines are big money especially when they go wrong.

Skylines are big money especially when they go wrong.

That is what I'm afraid most

If you buy the Nissan,eventually you will wish you had done the Corrado !

If you do the VRT,and eventually want a Nissan,sell/or break the VRT,

Only you know what you want ! We can only tell you what we would do :shrug:

Whatever decision you make,you will probably regret it one way or another.

I myself would do the VRT, exclusive is the name of the game. :D

Spent some time on skyline forum and look through few sale advertise (not much of them) and to be honest have to thing about everything once again.

VRT like I want will cost me around 15-17k and will be running 550 bhp 4 wheel drive having almost all new parts at least all new mechanical parts. Is it worth to build it. Of course yes.

GTR like I want will cost around 25-30k and will be running 330-600 bhp depends what will I manage to find. Sadly this price way over my budget :(

There is a 3rd solution of buying GTT with GTR looks like conversion and running around 400-500 bhp, depends what you can find at the moment. Very tempted about it.

Both GTR and GTT will be low mileage cars but not new and always something can break.

It's very hard to make some reasonable decision but looks like GTR have to wait, maybe some day will won a lotto :)

skyline gtr's are nice motors but ive read some horror stories about the engines. Something to do with oil delivery to the sixth piston :shrug: . Looks like you have a lot of tasty parts there already for the corrado so youre a good way there to becoming a vrt owner. Why not build it up as a front wheel drive car and see how you get on with it and if thats what you want. Then at a later date go the four wheel drive route. There seems to be some fairly monstorous vrts on here that are front wheel drive and manage ok. I reckon this would cut out a good chunk of work and cost for your dream corrado.

i've always wanted a skyline, i was going to get one instead of the corrado.

until i got an insurance quote on a skyline :!

not checked again in the last few years but it was 4x that of the corrado :(

i've always wanted a skyline, i was going to get one instead of the corrado.

until i got an insurance quote on a skyline :!

not checked again in the last few years but it was 4x that of the corrado :(

Insurance is around 1k a year so not as that bad, some can have cheaper, depends oo your NCB

skyline gtr's are nice motors but ive read some horror stories about the engines. Something to do with oil delivery to the sixth piston :shrug: . Looks like you have a lot of tasty parts there already for the corrado so youre a good way there to becoming a vrt owner. Why not build it up as a front wheel drive car and see how you get on with it and if thats what you want. Then at a later date go the four wheel drive route. There seems to be some fairly monstorous vrts on here that are front wheel drive and manage ok. I reckon this would cut out a good chunk of work and cost for your dream corrado.

4x4 is must when going over 400bhp and it's not as that expensive as you think, anyway original vr6 gearbox doesn't hold 550 bhp for long but 02m will be fine for long time.

If you buy the Nissan,eventually you will wish you had done the Corrado !

If you do the VRT,and eventually want a Nissan,sell/or break the VRT,

Only you know what you want ! We can only tell you what we would do :shrug:

Whatever decision you make,you will probably regret it one way or another.

I myself would do the VRT, exclusive is the name of the game. :D

......aint that the truth.......brilliant, best piece of mind you have had so far :lol:

i'd get a r32 gtr if i was to get one

don't like their look, only r34 gtr looks nice for me :)

I spose depends what you want to use the car for. If its just for the road then how much power do you really need? but if for track etc then fair enough cant fault you 8)

I wanted an evo, same story really running, insurance costs etc. But when all is said and done once i got an evo id then want to mod it in an equivalent way as the rado i.e more power, upgrade brakes etc so you just start again but with a car thats 5 times the price.

Dont get me wrong i love skylines but if had one i reckon it would just be constantly broke parked on the drive.

Another thing that made me go for another rado was that if and when i buy my own house i wouldnt have to get shot of it where as something like a evo skyline i would have to sell.

Believe me around 400bhp is enough in one of these things for the roads. I'll give you a run in mine next week sometime of you want when picking up the fog light. I know there are faster things out there but as a package I reckon is hard to beat for smiles which at the end of the day is what you want. There will always be someone with a faster/better car than you.

Believe me around 400bhp is enough in one of these things for the roads. I'll give you a run in mine next week sometime of you want when picking up the fog light. I know there are faster things out there but as a package I reckon is hard to beat for smiles which at the end of the day is what you want. There will always be someone with a faster/better car than you.

I know, I know, but when fitting turbo why don't remap it on maximum power if everything else i capable to hold this power. To be honest I don't need more than 300 bhp, it's just what i want, not what I need :lol:

Of course I would be very happy to look and feel your vrt.

VRT like I want will cost me around 15-17k and will be running 550 bhp 4 wheel drive having almost all new parts at least all new mechanical parts. Is it worth to build it. Of course yes.

Nice :D. A build like that done to a high standard will always pay you back if you ever wanted to sell it.

Out of interest, what is it about a Skyline or Evo you're hoping to get that a 4x4 VRT Corrado wouldn't provide? I'm just curious. I know a bit about Evos, but what draws folk to Skylines? Charisma? Looks? Handling?

My mate had an Evo IX FQ360 for a while and it wasn't a particularly nice car tbh. It's always praised in the car mags as being all things to all men, but it's far from it imo. The exhaust is too loud and boomy, the suspension is too hard (which causes rattles even on a new car!!) and the fuel consumption is franky scary! Ralliart map them way to rich as standard. Partly why it needs 4000 mile oil changes where a VAG turbo can do 24,000 miles between services. He was doing a 30 mile daily round trip and spending £400 a month in fuel. Do the math...it's less than 14mpg average. A Skyline may be better on fuel, I don't know.

It was a very single minded car. Unless you were in full attack mode on a challenging B road, it was just annoying. However, it's on such roads that Evos make sense and there are few things that could keep with a well driven FQ360.

If the majority of your journeys are trundling up and down A roads, I seriously wouldn't bother.

My VRT averages 27mpg for comparison :D

Just had Corrado for the past 8 years, almost since I did pas my driving test and I would like to swap.

I'm no bother at all about MPG, my allroad has 14,7 mpg average and vr6 is not much better at all. I'm doing average 300 miles a month, my job is less than 1,5 mile away, shops are even closer so just fancy something different, don't have to be practical as still will be keeping allroad or will finally get so diesel myself.

Skyline, always love look of r34 gtr, and always wanted one.

EVO, looks great but why insurance is double than skyline ??

Just had Corrado for the past 8 years, almost since I did pas my driving test and I would like to swap.

Fair enough. I will have had mine 8 years in February too. Got bored of it soooo many times when it was NA and supercharged, but since going turbo, it's transformed the car in a way I didn't think was possible and every journey is enjoyable. Always look for excuses to drive it and take it the long way home after work.

EVO, looks great but why insurance is double than skyline ??

Ram Raider's choice vehicle!

if you have money for fuel you will 100% never get bored of a VRT, its just the fuel costs of booting it around all the time. And also the list never ends for mods you want to do next, they are the only frustrations i have with mine

I've made my decision. was thinking about it for few past weeks, and I'm selling Corrado and every single part I've managed to collect.

If you ask me if I won't regret it, answer is I don't know but it's time to move forward.

I'd like to try other cars, like TVR, M3, R32, Lotus and definitely Skyline R34 GTR