Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

oh yeh 5.0ltr v12 on its way.

what have i done??

ok i have been offered a 1993 850ci 6 speed manual, and one of only four in the whole world done in this shade of green, the original owner of this car emigrated to new zealand just over 6 years ago, and since then its been parked outside he's parents, they have got sick of it being parked there so have offered it me first, the car has been started regulary and been taken for very very short drives, i had to jump start it today and it started straight away, the engine sounds absolutly mint with no knocks/rattles or anything.

obviously being stood there for so long it needs a damn good clean, its a one owner with full service history until it was left in the uk, its a 6 speed manual with approx 120k, i will get some better pics and a vid on friday, and the bonnets fine i just forgot to close it while it was running.

heres a pic

karl (major share owner in ESSO)

Theres no saving you :lol: Surely need a daily too?

yeh i have the 540i sport as a cheap daily if i get this :lol:

I hope that is bleedin cheap Karl :lol:

er yeh its very very cheap for what it is, there were only 102 manual 850ci's ever built and only four done in this colour throughout the 8 series being built.

go on then you lot have a guess how much i can have it for??

i will double check the paint code when i view the car again on friday, i'm not bothered if its 1/1 or 1/200 as its a lovely colour.

£1200, even i'm not that lucky

Love the 850, only seen two on the road and the second time i followed him til he parked up so i could have a better look round it. Really nice bloke who had it.

I guess at £1900

Love the 850, only seen two on the road and the second time i followed him til he parked up so i could have a better look round it. Really nice bloke who had it.

I guess at £1900

If he got it at that, its an absolute steal. My guess would be nearer the £5000 mark. Go on you gotta tell us what you got it for now?

PS. great find, I always fancied one but auto box put me off, so I think that would have even tempted me.

well i can have it for £3000. And yeh you can get an 850 for that often on ebay but not with one owner or one that is manual which makes it worth much much more than what i will possibly be paying for it. Just gotta get underneath it on friday and check fuel and brake pipes and then make a decision. As parts for these cars are mega bucks.

You can't miss out at that price, if you keep it its a winner if you don't you certainly won't lose money on it :wink:

oh yeh forgot to say that on the 8 series owners forum someone sold a manual 850 with 10k less on the clocks but with 3 owners and in boring blue for 10k 2 months ago. So this car is going very cheap.