James.

The Official Corrado Campaign thread (where are they now)

There is a vr6 on eBay that looks like it could be a campaign without the interior, could it be or have you mangaged to track them all now??

I did, I just spotted the k reg, wheels and early doorcards and rushed to a conclusion haha knew the colour was close ish haha Aa well

Hi guys. I know a bit about these. I went to see one which was owned by Jeremy Bromley (ex secretary I think of the Corrado club) years ago. I bought it on a "buy it now" on eBay I think for £7k. It had been written off and repaired and said to be immaculate car. It wasn't ! It rattled, panels didn't fit, basically a right pile. Shame.

The one in Ipswich is also correct, and owned by a lady I was told far from the VW scene.

Hope that helps.

Reading through various forums and blog sites it seems to me that there are only 4 original campaigns left in existence is this TRUE and does anyone know where they are. I think it would be good to see how many of them we could get together one day. It would make a great pic for the site

Theres one here.....

Hi guys. I know a bit about these. I went to see one which was owned by Jeremy Bromley (ex secretary I think of the Corrado club) years ago. I bought it on a "buy it now" on eBay I think for £7k. It had been written off and repaired and said to be immaculate car. It wasn't ! It rattled, panels didn't fit, basically a right pile. Shame.

The one in Ipswich is also correct, and owned by a lady I was told far from the VW scene.

Hope that helps.

I've just seen this, and rather take offence at this. I should point out that the original advert stated that it was "in need of work to make it immaculate" if somebody wanted to go that way. The fact that the guy was pi**ed when he clicked on BuyItNow on ebay rather wasted about 3 weeks of my time. He was pretty offensive when he came down to see it as well. Shame...

The car ended up in Southern Ireland as I understand it.

Don't worry JRB some peeps are just a bit rude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi to any original Campaign owner out there we the CCGB are putting together a 2018 30th Anniversary calendar and would really like high res photographs to include in it aswell as photos of the interior.

Send your photos to [email protected].

Looking forward to receiving.

Cheers

Ron

I used to have a black and white scanned image or pdf regarding the Campaign, and it showed the sales managers standing together, with some info.

Can't seem to find it on my PC though....

Found this pdf, which shows a number plate

DOH!

Just realised, there's a pic of the car on page 1 :lol:

HI,

Can you said me wich issue (Number of Volkswagen audi car magazine) comes from This article?? Thanks you so much ;)

Xavier

HI,

Can you said me wich issue (Number of Volkswagen audi car magazine) comes from This article?? Thanks you so much ;)

Xavier

September 1992

Nice. I cant decide which one I would love to have.... perhaps both  😊

Just a little bump for new information and a question.

Recently read a thread on social media that an owner was approached by the "elusive Lady in Ipswich".

Now, I know that it's believed she owns the ex Chris De Bono car. Its registration mark was K2 CKD. So I ran the number through the Gov MOT checker and the following info popped up. I'm confused. Could anyone offer any reason why this would show up as it is ?

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 20.36.59.png

Here's the only picture I have of the car:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 20.35.19.png

I remember seeing an advert for the car in an old copy of "The Sprinter". Does anyone have a copy they'd care to share please ?

I've never seen the MOT website say that. Maybe it has never had an MOT since it all got computerised !!

dec3df917d2d89ff46bba11e71cf2d37.jpg

1a1b46e5fa040cdcc33e8f8bd6b91edd.jpg

68ffe39141d842359717a8ed12f48330.jpg
Not SORN

No MOT since online records began

Same owner since 1998

Not exported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Dox. Looking over the GOV blog regarding the history of electronic access to MOTs, it appears 2015 was the first time the public were given open access to MOT history of any vehicle. Although the certification was digitised from 2005.

So that ties in with the theory of it being laid up from before 2005. That'll be some good varnish in the fuel pipes by now 🙁.

I did manage to locate a write up from Issue 1 of "The Sprinter":

IMG_6318.jpg

Chris De Bono campaign write up.jpg

Edited by James.