Sign in to follow this  
flusted

80mm Drop possible?

Hi

Im thinkin of buying an 80mm venom motorsport suspension kit but not sure if thats guna be too low.I have 17"wheels and i want it as low as possible and dont mind a few scrapes here and there.Can anyone advise me wot to do or has anyone tried this kit?

Cheers for any advice

Oh yeah car is corrado 1.8 16v with cut springs :cry: and mot on thursday

yeah, 80mm is do-able... When I first fitted my coilovers it dropped around 100mm! :shock:

If it's the same as the Golf -80mm kit that Dubwhizz had on his G60 golf, the ride quality is suprisingly good too, and the handling's pretty good as well... 8)

Personally I'm not into the whole low as you can go thing, (getting old these days! ;) )but this is probably the kit I'd get if I didn't have coilovers and wanted to go that low.... 8)

Personally I'm not into the whole low as you can go thing, (getting old these days! ;) )

Old? at 28? LOL! Mind you I feel old at the moment.....too many back-to-back nights out!

I'm not a fan of mega lowering either. I value suspension travel and I don't like my driveshafts pointing at the Moon!. Doesn't do your gearbox any good either, or the handling come to that :?

K

Mine's as low as a Corrado will go - front tyres rub all over the inside of the front wheel arches. Around 5" of ground clearance. :shock:

Gonna have to invest in a coilover kit - maybe get a bargain at GTI inters 8)

i've been trying to sort my wheels out, i want alloys but i have to get the speedo exact for spain or some tolerance thats tiny. i was going for some 17x7 or 7.5