Sign in to follow this  
classicvr6

At last i have a VR6

hey just thought id let everyone know im now the proud owner of a 1996 classic green VR6, and i love it!!

I have wanted one of these for many years, my best mate had a dragon green 93 vr6 and my uncle a matching 95 vr6 when they were nearly new. and finally i have bought one from my mate and his gf as he had too many cars floating around including a further 2 vr6 corrados and a 996 carerra 4s.

The car itself is very clean no rust bubbles or anything, cream leather that is just starting to show wear on the drivers bolster, but will be getting repaired soon. it has koni adjustables and a k&n57i kit on it, but these are the only mods. i am planning on getting it back to pretty much show room condition and i know i am a little ocd with my cleaning. It only appears to have 103000 miles which is backed up with a fully stamped service book.

Although I love the car as it is i have to say i am very taken with the turbo kit idea and the oem+ look :D

Any Suggestions or ideas for the car would be warmly welcomed. I will post some pics when i get chance.

Rich

Yeah i do wanna go the turbo route, waiting for james supercharged one to be finished n have a go in that as i prefer the idea of supercharging and the more linear power delivery,

Gonna take some pre cleaning pics tmoz and post them :)

Welcome. Sounds lovely, especially the combination of green with cream. Low miles. And you know it's history. Good stuff.

Welcome to the forum!

Having driven both and knowing what they cost to do, a VR6 turbo is quite a lot more entertaining than a supercharged one.. the linear power delivery is more in keeping with the characteristic of the car, but even with 260-300BHP it still doesn't feel that quick until you start to pile the revs on. The VR6 turbo on the other hand is a totally different beast though does retain drivability and the characteristics of the VR6.

I really reccommend you try and get a passenger ride or, even better, a drive in both to help you make up your mind. If I was looking to force feed my VR6 now I would definitely go turbo! :) One thing supercharging does have as an advantage though is the noise.. sounds so much nicer than the turbo (in my opinion!).

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your motor when you get a chance to upload some!

Sorry its taken so long to get these pictures, but the weather and work commitments have been against me!

As you can see it is wearing its age resonably well just needs several litres of polish to really make it shine. internally im thinking of changing the cream carpets to black ones as i have access to another vr6 that is being broken up, and the leather really only needs a really good feed :)

Very tasty indeed :) Have you checked the number plate with VW? It could be a Storm (right leather & paint combo).

It also has colour coded grill,

Nice work, paint looks nice and swirl free. Is it original paint from what you can tell?

Will be looking forwward to seeing your plans unfold, all the best

Bigger brakes, especially if you turbo it!

Just what I was thinking!! :lol:

Congrats on your purchase mate 8)

No I haven't checked the vin but it's not a storm on the v5 or does that normal?

Yeah it has the washers but they don't work will have to investigate when I get 5 minutes :-)

Paint seems to be mainly original, except the bonnet which looks like it's a second hand one that was originally red.

Sitting in traffic tonight it seems the first stage fan isn't working although second stage is, do they work off different switches?

The V5 doesn't state Storm, Just vr6. Have you got the storm badge near the gear shift surround?

Do an advance search on the fan, theres lots of info. The fan switch maybe at fault or temperature sender switch?