Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Help me dig myself out've Coilover mess....

Right - that's enough (says every Liverpool fan in the World!) but seriously, I'm looking for advice and how to, cheaply, remedy my suspension woes.

In May of last year, I replaced original knackered, but comfortable, springs for V-maxx adjustable Coilover kit. Reason for Coilover option over other types...Unknown. Seriously :brickwall:

Now, is there anyway, without big spend, I can get an improved ride quality while maintaining a lowered stance?

Not super low, just not Go-Go Gadget car high.

As far as I know the coliovers are set near their highest, although the front seem fairly low, the back I thought could be a smig lower, but this is where the main 'crashy' feel comes from. I'm pretty sure the rear axle bushes have not been done - I understand this can help?

Have thought of removing and selling the v-maxx and using the cash to get a new set-up in and pay for the labour.

Not sure of the logistics of this though :shrug:

Like I said - trying to remedy this without breaking the bank. Help!

Personally Ive found lowering the car more than about 45mm mucks up the handling therefore unless your spending big bucks on fully adjustable coilovers I would stick to shocks and springs.

Its a form or function decision for you Im afriad, do you want it slammed or just lowered a reasonable amount.

I'd get your rear bushes done if you think they need doing, no suspension (shocks/springs) will feel any good with knackered bushes.

cheers guys - reckon it's new rear bushes then.

what kind've labour we talking to get the new bushes in. 2hrs? more?

Just trying to gauge how much I'm looking at having to spend.

If you do go for coilovers and want the most comfortable ride possible i'd advice you to get FK konigsports. I had em on my mk3 and my current vr and honestly the ride is awesome, admitedly it doesn't handle quite as well as my old valver on weitecs (more or less the same as kw's) or my friends vr on kw V2's but seriously its so much more comfortable. Mind you my dampers are set to the softest setting so i guess you could toughen up the handling a bit by stiffening them up.

ive got kw1s on my g60 and weitec on my 8v.. weitecs are softer, handling on the g60 is awesome and its much lower.

would def try new bushes first though.

ive got kw1s on my g60 and weitec on my 8v.. weitecs are softer, handling on the g60 is awesome and its much lower.

would def try new bushes first though.

Handling is awesome with the Weitec's right, im going to get a set for my next rado lol.