Sign in to follow this  
robrado974

help please with my door pin fitting

as above i cant see where the metal rod should attatch :shrug: the door lock and card n that is all off , been shining the lead light inside , there is only a small hook on the end of the rod what does it hook onto ?. thanks rob .

have you got the door card off? I'm still to put the rod in mine but was such a pain Ive given up :(

yep me to , ive found where its sposed to go , only thing is you need the hands of a child to fit it and it does not want to stay there . it does not bother me so much as the pin wont work [you dont need it anyway ] its the hole in the door card that annoys the hell out of me !

the leather needs to be sprayed again anyway, so will proberbly fill the holes wth something, then use the leather filler for smoothness. once they have been done again you will never know .

There is a Black plastic sleeve with a couple of holes that slides over a bar in the door lock mechanism. The door pin rod clips into 1 of the holes in this plastic sleeve but beware it's v fiddley. I've played about with this area quite abit last year fixing various problems but I don't think I've got any pics of it. You may get better access/vision if you remove the Black plastic cover on the end of the door, just prise is out.

i sussed out that it goes on the black plastic part, but it came off the other rod inside the door when i tried to connect the door pin rod to it :mad2: .even when you have it in your hand trying to fit it it can only go in one way :shrug: and you can tell that its just going to pull straight out again.. i may just fit the door pin inside the hole with something so i dont have that hole gettin on me nerves all the time .

The plastic is easily broken which makes the rod drop out, mine had broken so bought one from the dealer last year around March time.

The plastic is easily broken which makes the rod drop out, mine had broken so bought one from the dealer last year around March time.

Ah! Do you have the part No? and how much was it?

Ok, part number is 357 837 084 and the cost 46p

See the attachment, item 7.

Hope this helps.

Ok, part number is 357 837 084 and the cost 46p

See the attachment, item 7.

Hope this helps.

thanks nice one :)

edit by the looks of the drawing im missing the pin guide aswell .

This is the stupidest fiddliest job ever.

Both the door pin rod and the black plastic tab are still available from VW, and cost no more than a few quid for both a couple of months ago.

I took off the door catch on the side of the door to improve access but it was still a nightmare. I fit the door pin rod to the tab out of the door, fed it into the door, then attempted to double join my fingers to get the c/locking rod attached. Once both rods are on it's not too bad to slide the tab onto the latch. The door pin on the driver's side sits a little higher than the passenger side on mine, but I don't care because it works now.

I've got to do the same sodding job on the Golf as well