Sign in to follow this  
thecorradokid

NEWBIE!!!

Hey guys! ive been lurking on the forum for the past few days, while ive been waiting to see if i got the car of my dreams..

and today it finally happened! ive been a VW enthusiast for years and had a collection of various cars but never a Corrado, until now! today i went and got this...

2380863-2.jpg

1.8 16v, basic version but pretty tidy! id love a g60 one day, but this was to good to miss!! So far ive just driven it home from cambridge but im already in love! got lots planned for it! and ill get some pics of my own ASAP (I.e not the ones from piston heads)

more to come in the future, but just thought id say hi!

Aston :wave:

Hi, and welcome. I'm a fairly newbie and love this site. Everyone is so helpful. So if you need techno help, just post and someone will come up trumps. Enjoy.

Welcome to Corrado, world your life and bank ballance will never be the same again!! Great cars, classic styling, beautiful handling------ enjoy. Bought mine back in 1993 and have loved every moment ------ well

Perhaps with one or two exceptions!!

Hi there and welcome a valver is a good way to start as I started with one over ten years ago and snce then just love rados

good luck with the plans

Thanks guys!! ive put just under 500miles on her already. and shes been in the garage and had all new brakes all round.

Going back in again soon for some service work. I was told that she is clean and solid underneath which is good, and apprently the suspention is like new! Plus theres a stainless system under there which i didnt even know about! lol!

Just ordered some basic bits on Ebay, aero blades, uprated headlight bulbs, and i went to the brakers that you guys have listed on here in Chelmsford this morning and picked up a new parcel shelf, coz the one in there had 6x9s cut into it which just looks terrible in my opinion! Each to there own i spose! lol

Still need to find:

Door speaker covers

a single door pin

A Drivers side indicator cover

And I would like to either buy a new drivers seat, if i cant find a matching one, a whole set of seats. or just get this drivers seat re covered. The bolster is worn through and it wrecks the look of the inside which is other wise spot on!

:help: (IF ANYONE HAS ANY OF THESE BITS OR CAN HELP ME FIND THEM. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! ) :help:

Not gonna make this a mental street machine or anything, Just i want it SPOTLESSLY tidy! and maybe a drop and some new rims in the spring time

more later!

:)

Welcome to corrado ownership, you really got my hopes up when i first opened the thread. My old rado, which i think has been scrapped, reg plate started g989***

Glad to hear you are looking after a rado, i always find it more rewarding buying a car that needs work then admiring the accomplishment at the end!