farrantino

sunroof repair kit

As above, the stupid slide snapped last night while i was showing off how cool the corrado was :(, so in need of some sort of repair kit if available.

Cheers guys

I don't think anyone bar VW does a repair kit. I hope you have deep pockets. The parts to change the guides and cables were about £120 when I did mine a about four years ago.

I've got a new set in my garage that i bought from here a year or so ago that i never ended up using!

Wicked how much, also hate to be a pain but do you have of the kit as i have no idea what im looking at lol.

Cheers mate

I've got a new set in my garage that i bought from here a year or so ago that i never ended up using!

Wicked how much, also hate to be a pain but do you have of the kit as i have no idea what im looking at lol.

Cheers mate

You are best to replace the lot while you have the sun roof apart :) You need cables and guides IIRC.

I've got a new set in my garage that i bought from here a year or so ago that i never ended up using!/QUOTE]

Have you still got the set - I am looking for one.

great :(, looks like it'll have to wait for better funds and weather, gaffa tape will be the hero of the day

Hi mate i have a complete new sunroof with all new workings and motor for £90

Hi tweaked - sounds promising. I have a few questions if I can;

is it for a late corrado

is teh motor new as well

is it vw

how come you aren't fitting it yourself it must have cost a bomb

Hi mate, my sunroof packed up like yours so I needed a new 1. The casing isn't new but the cables and all gear are new and the motor looks in new and clean.

Repair kits can be had from the dealers. I just bought both sides for a Passat moonroof for £81.60. Would've thought Corrado ones would be the same price or very similar.

90 quid for a sunroof with all new or nearly new parts is a steal. A new motor alone cost £247 and I think they're now obsolete.

Edited by Anton Sobriquet

Repair kits can be had from the dealers. I just bought both sides for a Passat moonroof for £81.60. Would've thought Corrado ones would be the same price or very similar.

Oh, if only t'were the case. A single repair kit (one side) will set you back £93.13 from TPS these days. And don't forget the special grease, a steal at only £20.20 a tube!

Edit: for the benefit of future readers: the above part actually contains cables for both sides.

Edited by nrc

Oh, if only t'were the case. A single repair kit (one side) will set you back £93.13 from TPS these days. And don't forget the special grease, a steal at only £20.20 a tube!

I bought one of these recently, on ETKA it states that the quantity is 1 (I.e. one side) however it also states that it covers the Left and Right (i.e both sides) VW couldn't confirm which was correct, so i just ordered one, luckily there were two cables when it was delivered

I bought one of these recently, on ETKA it states that the quantity is 1 (I.e. one side) however it also states that it covers the Left and Right (i.e both sides) VW couldn't confirm which was correct, so i just ordered one, luckily there were two cables when it was delivered

You know, I got all the bits back in November last year and haven't got around to fitting them yet so I just opened up the bag and had a look - you're absolutely correct that both cables are included...

So I have a spare repair kit including both cables which I'll let go at cost if anyone's interested :p

Obsolete and absolutely as rare as hens teeth! Think I've seen 2 sets for sale in the last 4 years!

This thread is 3 years old btw.

I'm also looking into repairing mine. The sunroof would tilt but wouldn't slide smoothly. It would stop moving and I'd have to keep pressing the button repeatedly. Now my headlining needs doing I've decided to tackle the sunroof at the same time whilst everything is out. Ive come to operate the motor again and now it does nothing, all I hear is what sounds like a relay clicking.

First question is the motor repairable?

I've manually wound the sunroof open and closed, it feels tighter than it should although still works OK. It's probably worth rebuilding it but are the parts available to do that? Cheers.

Edited by daniboy1_2_3