Sign in to follow this  
Rob_B

US spec bumpers and tailgate

I'm afraid this is a bit of a what's it worth question... US spec front and rear bumpers in reasonable condition and a US spec tailgate in good condition except for a tiny bit of bubbling on the bottom lip of the numberplate plinth (US blank type thing).

I know someone selling these but have no idea what they are worth? I dont want to put an advert up with his ridiculous prices! Any help is appreciated as always!

whats a us spec rear bumper like? I got a us plinth but I dont know what its worth either, depend how badly somebody wants it

I'm afraid this is a bit of a what's it worth question... US spec front and rear bumpers in reasonable condition and a US spec tailgate in good condition except for a tiny bit of bubbling on the bottom lip of the numberplate plinth (US blank type thing).

I know someone selling these but have no idea what they are worth? I dont want to put an advert up with his ridiculous prices! Any help is appreciated as always!

Hi has the tailsgate got the spoiler with the brake light seup installed, got pics, current colour? If decent I'd fancy it

whats a us spec rear bumper like?

No tow-eye hole and indeed no tow-eye 8)

Pic:

3rearl2.jpg

Tempest

Awesome, get me with the US style rear bumper and I didn't even know :lol:

would love a front bumper! are the rear bumpers deeper? i know they are on the mk3 golf. to do with impact protection laws or something.

Fancy the rear plate recess too

On US-cars not actually a recess, rather than it standing proud. But of course dmensions are those of a US-plate, so a UK plate would look odd (not high enough and too wide).

are the rear bumpers deeper?

No, neither front nor rear bumpers are deeper than EU ones, fortunately. So no parkbench drama like on US-Roccos :gag:

Tempest

Unless someone has cut the loom there won't be any wiring in it.... But it doesn't matter as your loom would fit you would just need a plug for the brake light same as bulb loom in behind centre console blacktwin plug

Third brake light on mine! Standard 1992 uk registered car. Seller told me when i brought it that it was an "optional extra".SDC10476.JPG[/attachment:2t4n3oeo]

Third brake light on mine! Standard 1992 uk registered car. Seller told me when i brought it that it was an "optional extra".SDC10476.JPG[/attachment:33d6ojnw]

Definitely not a UK option.

Looks like either a US tailgate or someone's just added their own aftermarket third brake light. Sure someone with a keener eye will be able to confirm!