nsmjl02

New Storm

c5 oem,

It's doing a fine job as my daily runner now but the front of the house is like a car park so could still be tempted if it was going to a good home.

you`d have to lower your price..!!lol

robo22sri,

Now sorted thanks anyway.

c5 oem,

Happy to talk if you are interested.

pm sent

Would love it but too much out of my budget, good luck with the sale... Genuine seller.

Beautiful 911. Turbo? And Beautiful unmarked Storm. I forget how well these cars looked straight off the forecourt. £3500 isn't a bad price.

You didn't mention the mileage on the Ad. And you should list the spec a little more for those not familiar with the Storm model. Don't forget to say "one of only 250 made" :)

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks guys,

The mileage is 110K and it is a pretty genuine car and one of only 250 made don't you know!

The 911 isn't the turbo model it's a 3.2 Carrera and I've owned it for 20 years now.

Guys,

Again not had a single enquiry.

What's the story?

Money mate,not much about and other ones more keenly priced.

I'd have to go with price too. It's a lovely car. But prices have fallen a lot in the last couple of years. Few people have money nowadays and corrados are increasingly now in the hobby/enthusiasts market - ie a luxury item.

Thanks for the replies,

I'm probably going to have to find a buyer this time round as I really don't have the space, even if that means sticking it on pistonheads or ebay but going to give it another month or so on this site first just in case. I do want it to go to a good home and i am open to offers.

I do however have this nagging doubt that these things will start rising in value one day and rather than just giving it away which its close to as it is, I might be as well just finding a garage somewhere and forget about it.

Thoughts welcome?

If you don't have to sell or are in no need for the money and can mothball it do that mate you may very well regret not doing it ;)

Thanks for the replies,

I'm probably going to have to find a buyer this time round as I really don't have the space, even if that means sticking it on pistonheads or ebay but going to give it another month or so on this site first just in case. I do want it to go to a good home and i am open to offers.

I do however have this nagging doubt that these things will start rising in value one day and rather than just giving it away which its close to as it is, I might be as well just finding a garage somewhere and forget about it.

Thoughts welcome?

Are you judging your price more on what you have paid for and invested in it or what todays current value is.....?

If you don't have to sell or are in no need for the money and can mothball it do that mate you may very well regret not doing it ;)

I'll second that. As someone that also owns a Mystic Storm that stands me around £15k. I don't expect to get even a fraction of that back if/when I sell the car. But I never plan on selling. I have a sensible diesel 4x4 as a family daily and the Corrado is my hobby. I love these cars, I've owned 4 of them over the past 12 years and I can't see myself ever being without one. A Storm was just a logical progression for me having owned a 1.8 16v, then a G60, then a regular VR. A Mystic Blue with all the options was for me the ultimate Corrado and now I own one I'm taking it a step further through engine mods so it can keep up with modern performance cars.

IMO £3500 isn't too much for a good example. Given today's financial climate, insurance prices and the ever rising price of fuel I don't see their value increasing in the next few years. There's a buyer out there for every car. Post your Ad on all the enthusiasts forums and wait for a bite.

I dont think you are asking too much, I suspect your location is a big barrier though. I live in Newcastle (was in London 10 years) in London I would advertise a car and it would be gone in a day, up here in newcastle it seems to take about a month and some price reductions......for you, it will be even worse unless you just happen to have a big Corrado fan aroud the corner. Saything that, I sold my E90 325i to a chap from Elgin without him ever seein it, he just slapped a deposit down and arranged for someone to come pick it up for him. That was 6 weeks into it being for sale and I hadnt had a single bite before that!

If it helps, I (probably stupidly) paid £2900 for my Blackberry, with higher milage and a dent in the bonnet plus a whole load of other little bits wrong. Although relatively cheap bits, it has taken time. Most expensive thing was the bonnet and new coolant system. Car ended up costing me about £3600

Pics here https://www.icloud.com/photostream/en-gb/#A1JtdOXmGlG1m0

Another thing you have to be aware of is the mileage, at 110K things start to fail and in my view, i would rather buy a car with 150K on the clock with everything replaced rather than 100K and nothing. For example, my car is on 140K but had a new head, chains, tensioners, clutch etc all done in the last 40K. So if you have history for it, make sure you list it all in the add.

If yours had been for sale when I was looking, i would have likely bought it.

I am in the market for a rado, was toying with a G60 but seems the VR is the way to go. I want a STORM but I need my car gone first before I buy a rado. Hopefully if my car gets sold soon and you still have the storm I will take it off you at your asking price. I want all the options and heated leather seats is a win for me hahahaha

Thanks again folks,

I kind of expected most of the feedback to be in line with clumpy1 and pretty sure that if it does sell that I will have that regret feeling, but if I'm honest my other motors are going to keep me skint for the rest of my days and the corrado would probably always be at the back of the queue so better just to find a good home. Would be great to keep an eye on it via this site it's such a good forum.

Sounds like the money isnt miles out although my location might be! lets see what happens.

Guys,

Came close to a sale over the past couple of days, nice chap who is now using this forum to help him fine tune his requirements and find a car. In the end we couldn't agree on a price and I'm not sure he was that fussed about going for the storm model so not to be.

Anyway that's the 911 in the garage now and can't wait to get it back on the road. I know this isn't a Porsche forum but I thought I'd load up a couple of pics of the porsche when I went to see it in the storage facility before it was transported over to the garage.