t700bes

Getting the brake servo out!

Does anyone know an easy way to get this out...

I have taken the 4 bolts that hold it in under the dash, and removed the clip to the brake pedal.. It moves, but as you pull it ui, it fouls on the suspension turret!!! :epicfail:

Any ideas would be really great :)

It's like the front and rear wiper mechs..... they'll come out, but only at the right angle, which takes a bit of fudging around....

any tips on getting the angle right? Tried but failed again yesterday :(

As harsh as it sounds I but a crowbar behind mine and yanked. The clip on the pedal will snap but they are available from VW fore a few ££ and easy to change once the servo is out.

Persevere with it, no need to get medieval with it. It will come out. No tips really except I found it easier to remove with the brake master cylinder removed. No real need to remove it, just how I found it easier.

I loosened the pedal box which gave a bit more wiggle room to remove the servo. I was doing a full restoration at the time so it was easy for me to remove the pedal box.

\Paddy

southerner, do you mean the master cylinder on the front or just the reservoir? I'll have a go again this evening. Other than Paddy, did any of you need to loosen the pedal box at all?

I have just put this all back on a couple of days ago, I undid the 2 bolts on the metal thing under the plastic reservoir, pulled it out a bit which gave enough room to pull the brake servo thing out.

zu4eny7y.jpg

Didn't take anything off the pedal box.

When I put it back in it was much easier to put the brake servo thing in, bolt it up on the inside, with some room to play, then connect the metal bit under the reservoir back in, and tighten the 4 interior bolts tight!

So much easier doing it that way, I had myself and 2 others try and put it back on whilst the reservoir was attached, wasn't happening!

Removed the master cylinder and reservoir as suggested but now I'm restricted by the brake pipes not wanting to come out of the white clips! Sprayed these with release oil but they didn't want to move and I felt that they might bend if I pulled too hard. Is there a technique to getting these out without damaging the pipes?

Edited by fla

Removed the master cylinder and reservoir as suggested but now I'm restricted by the brake pipes not wanting to come out of the white clips! Sprayed these with release oil but they didn't want to move and I felt that they might bend if I pulled too hard. Is there a technique to getting these out without damaging the pipes?

I removed the blue pipe (from the pic I put up) but drained the reservoir before hand. The 2 black pipes lead to some metal pipes which I just unclipped off the bulkhead to help with moving. I didnt completely remove the reservoir, just pulled it out enough to move the servo. You might need to remove the clutch slave thing that is don to the right of the servo to completely remove...