robrado974

needed urgently heater control cog [wheel]

as above please , i do need this asap . its the one for the direction control that sits on the metal slider, its grey in colour , anyone got one off a broken set ? many thanks rob .

Have one mate, but no idea how to remove it without breaking something. And i guess that same would go for replacing it.

I dont have one i'm afraid as mine also broke, the cause was that one the bowden cables had become very stiff which put an increased load onto the cog...

took the offending cable out (demister cable) and it was totally kinked up, hence why it became stiff :)

Pete

Have one mate, but no idea how to remove it without breaking something. And i guess that same would go for replacing it.

i know how to remove it , if you dont wont to have a go , how much for the unit ? regards rob

Can you explain as I've removed the other two cogs, just this one that i was unsure about. I understand how fragile they are just fancied keeping the rest of it as spares.

Can you explain as I've removed the other two cogs, just this one that i was unsure about. I understand how fragile they are just fancied keeping the rest of it as spares.

the bit you turn [the knob thingy] should just come away with a gentle twist from a screwdriver they just snap on and off . so does the piece its attached to ,the black wheel will then be free to take out . the grey one [one i need] will then be free to come out . they are snapped in tight .

if you dont fancy doing it , no worries as easypops might have one , thanks rob

Edited by robrado974

the bit you turn [the knob thingy] should just come away with a gentle twist from a screwdriver they just snap on and off . so does the piece its attached to ,the black wheel will then be free to take out . the grey one [one i need] will then be free to come out . they are snapped in tight .

if you dont fancy doing it , no worries as easypops might have one , thanks rob

Surprisingly that made sense, broke one of the internal black sections but the grey wheel has come out un-harmed.

Can now potentially take an entire heater control to pieces.

I have one.........the one i removed to give to VR6Pete as described in his thread, which he didn't need/want eventually

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?52275-Heater-Controls-for-Corrado-VR6/page2

The one i have is black though.......possibly out of a set i took out of a vento.......looks identical to the one VR6Pete describes.......if so i'm happy to post you this one :)

I have one.........the one i removed to give to VR6Pete as described in his thread, which he didn't need/want eventually

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?52275-Heater-Controls-for-Corrado-VR6/page2

The one i have is black though.......possibly out of a set i took out of a vento.......looks identical to the one VR6Pete describes.......if so i'm happy to post you this one :)

if you are sure its exactly the same i will take it , we did remove one from a polo last night at the scrappy but the snail like bit goes the opposite way!!. let me know how much , if ok i will pay tonight as i need to fit it on sunday . regards rob

Have the grey one if you need it.

sorry mate should have replied to you first as you were first to reply . how much and pay pal needed ,will do first thing in the morning , as said i need it for sunday ,just to be sure its the grey one that opperates the direction control regards rob .

Edited by robrado974

It does look the same.........yours for free if you want it :)

very nice of you mate , will pm addy to you regards rob