Upwards One-touch windows??  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Upwards One-touch windows??

• One-touch sometimes works
    • One-touch only works with window fully down
    • One-touch never works
    • One-touch only works down, not up
    • I'm a chicken called Dave

Well, I can sometimes get my windows to go up with one touch of button (usually when they wound down quite a bit). But I've heard other people say that it doesn't happen.

....so I've added a poll and would be interested for your comments! :)

Poll editted to include new option 4, which is valid for me. :D

So how come mine do it??

Next time you are in the car - try it - wind window down to bottom, press button for a couple of secs (a bit longer than you have to press for going down).

always works for down but never up.

and me!!

mine work both ways but there wasn't a space on the poll for that??

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

The whole poll was whether they work on the way upwards.

hehe - no matter.

I'm just interested as to who the chicken called Dave is! :clown:

mine work one touch up and down but only on the drivers side the passenger one only goes down with one touch but not up!!!! What I really want to know is why you can only work one window at a time this is really annoying I'm guessing that all corrado's are like this!!! Am I right???

I think my passenger side window works one-touch on the way up as well?!

Pretty sure I can work both windows at once - I mean they are independent switches are they not? Apart from a bigger strain on the battery, I don't see why they shouldn't work together.

Mine don't work together, but as one is one-touch rolling down, you can hold the other switch for a second, then when the first one finishes going down, the second begins to roll down too... if you understand what the hell I'm on about.

Go on, Tom... go outside and play with your windows :)

Mine don't work together, but as one is one-touch rolling down, you can hold the other switch for a second, then when the first one finishes going down, the second begins to roll down too... if you understand what the hell I'm on about.

Go on, Tom... go outside and play with your windows :)

Yeah mine do that too up and down!!

mine work one touch up and down but only on the drivers side the passenger one only goes down with one touch but not up!!!! What I really want to know is why you can only work one window at a time this is really annoying I'm guessing that all corrado's are like this!!! Am I right???

Exactly how mine are! Apparently all Corrado's will only operate one window at once.

As an almost-related-point, yesterday i locked my car with both windows and the sunroof open (god knows why...) and i accidentally held the key turned longer than necessary - and by jove, first my passenger window went up, then my drivers window! Sunroof stayed open, so presumably that part of 'total closure' is broken - so presumably i have 'almost-total-closure' or 'partial closure' or something ;)

Most, if not all one-touch windows are the same. I think it's because they share the same timing circuit and thermal fuse. There is a warning in Hyundia manuals advising you not to operate both windows at once otherwise you'll screw them up!

All the mod cons on Corrados are prone to failure, VW would have been better off using MK2 Golf tried and tested electronics and a manual slide only sunroof!

Interestingly, the one thing you'd think would be horribly unreliable is actually very reliable, and that's the spoiler! Probably due to the fact you can actually get to it easily, unlike the sunroof and power windows!

Kev

94 VR6

my drivers side window will go up and down with one touch and the passenger side will go down with one touch but not back up..and both windows work at the same time

To add my bit to the joys of the corrado wiring. Yes they only operate in series (ie not at same time); one touch (should) only works on down - up was supposedly not permitted because of safety incase a minor (or halfwit - take your pick) accidentally got their their head (or other extremity) trapped in there. There were/are various after market lifter kits around which may or may not have the one touch function. I suppose it is possible that this may account for the ones with the one touch up function?

Mine are definitely original fit and only do it down.

And yes, I tick the poll box

Mine work Both up and down,and as ana added extra,sometimes when I turn off the ignition either the drivers side or passenger side will take on a a mind of its own and go down by itself.This happened one day to the drivers side and I had to disconnected the battery to get the fuggin thing back up! :?

my drivers side window will go up and down with one touch and the passenger side will go down with one touch but not back up..and both windows work at the same time

Mine is the same as this on the one touch but I can only operate one window at a time.