knight5651

Just bought my first corrado

Hi all, picked up my first corrado last night, its a red 2.0 16v. I've only ever own VW's so I know the basics, but its unlike anything I've driven before :)

I'm form Cannock, Staffordshire, there many other owners around by me? I've only seen one other around.

I'll give it a clean and pop some pics up soon.

Alex

Welcome, welcome- congrats on your first Corrado- post everyone some shiny pics and we'll say flattering things about it.................

The corrado is a lot of Mk2 golf underneath so you should be fine if you've done your own maintenance in the past.

I'm sure those who are local to you will post up soon enough, or try searching the forum for Staffordshire etc.

Finally, welcome to the mad house :D

Hiya mate, i'm from stoke/stafford but my Corrado is still in the garage being worked on lol. Hope to see you around though!

I'm from Stoke too! Kidsgrove to be precise. And like moat corrado owners, mines in my garage too

Cheers for the replies, I got it fairly local from a guy on here, russed99 if anyone knows him. Should hopefully be picking some new wheels up tomorrow so I'll pop them on give it a clean and post up some pics over the weekend.

Thanks, yeah been doing some reading and found loads of useful info already. Great site!

Anyway I still havent found the time to take some pics, so heres some from the for sale thread when I first bought the car. It looks pretty much the same to be honest, havent made it mine yet lol.

DSC001581.jpgDSC001561.jpg

DSC002021.jpgDSC001531.jpg

DSC001621.jpg

So far I've fixed the speedo and sorted the exhaust as it was knocking and hanging abit low. Also forgot to say in the first post that as its an early one it used to be a 1.8 16v but the engine gave up so the previous owner had a 2.0 16v fitted, its running on all the 1.8 stuff, injection, gearbox, etc...

Edited by knight5651