itsmeagain

engine tune

I have a 1990 1.8 16v that I recently purchased. It was in need of a good service etc, so I did all the usual stuff. I was under the impression that 16v where 136bhp but today after having it rolling road tuned, it was 147.2bhp. The drive back was a great improvement on the way it drives. It put a smile on my face all the way home.

Rolling roads are a bit of a lottery as there are so many variables that influence the estimated bhp figure. Where did you get it dyno'd? Keeping it well serviced should help keep the engine healthy and reduce losses though.

They really know there stuff down there at Stealth, I have used them a few times to tune my cars. 1 hrs rolling road tune cost £65

Did you get the before and after rr plots for the valver? it's amazing how a 16v that runs perfectly OK can gain 5-10 bhp just from setting up the fuelling and base timing just right, the torque increases a little right across the rev range too, making the car feel that bit livelier, Stealth usually advance the timing about 2 degrees more than spec which together with tweaking the fuelling to make it run a bit richer at the top end makes a fair difference.

If you run your car on super unleaded you'll get away with it as the original ignition map was programmed for 4 star or 98RON fuel and the 1.8 has no cat so can run that bit richer with no ill effects.

I managed to get a replacement for my current one, do u still want the scorpion one for your car?

yeah but what you going to do with the rusty one?