quicky1980

Posts have large gap between text and border

Every time I put a very short reply, my posts seem to have a huge amount of gap (clear space with no text) in them. Have I changed some settings without realising or is this a feature?

No.

Edit: That was just a test. Everything works ok here. Any chance of a screen grab or better description?

no, thats normal. basically if you have a lot in your sig (ie. a photo) then it will look weird. The signature section doesnt start until the bottom of the avatar/details section on the left so the more in your sig, the more pronounced the issue.

i ditched my sig photo to alleviate it although I agree it would be nice if it didnt do it that way.

Im using google chrome but I just checked on explorer and it looks the same. not tried posting via explorer yet though

They will probably all look more or less the same. Your sig is a bit too tall really. You have about 6 or 7 lines of text (including the spaces), plus the picture.

sorry, but the gap is between the text and the signature start. like i said, mine seems to be more than others. See attachment where I compare mine and VR6's post.

Or are you saying that, adding a large signature increases the text area?

Basically your signature starts after your profile ends (assuming you don't have a long message in your post). So yours is a bit longer because of your blog-entries count. But your signature is also big so it makes it look even bigger.

You could make your avatar shorter as well if it's something bothering you. I do think it's the large sig that makes everything appear quite a lot bigger though. The pic isn's all that big but there are 6 lines of text above it.

His sig is still too big! :p

Which setting was that? There's a bloody setting for everything with this software!

:lol: you've copied the reputation 'update' as well :grin:

It's not that bad really, just messing ... it's a lot better since Andi tweaked the setting.

Which setting was that? There's a bloody setting for everything with this software!

Wasn't a setting, it was adding some extra code to the CSS.

Reverted the post/signature setup to a v3 style instead of vB v4 style (apparently...).

Locking