fendervg

FYI Passat Centre Sunvisor

after having my mk4 golf for about 2 years now i just noticed that it has this last night! all thanks to this thread!

Well said....

For the perfectionists among you, you can swap over the longer and narrower visor part from the newer version into the older mounting bracket by removing and refitting the spring retainer, and it will fit the later cars perfectly without catching the mirror. I've just checked this seeing as I have the two different ones to hand.

Bit of a waste though, unless you can find them in a breakers...

an F'reg passat estate "non sunroof" model came in to work for scrap, so naturally the rear door handles and mechs came off!

but the sunvisors have an extra piece built in, which when down go over the top of the mirror. does any one know if these will fit? the only downside is the the passenger side mirror is not illuminated.

I have just recieved a message back from VW Classic Parts, and this part isn`t availble from them any more. And all the ones on eBay are the wrong part number, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, ao has a spare, please let me know

I kept e-mailing all the Passats being broken on e-bay,

got a good one in the end !

I think I have one in my garage, complete with surround if you are still on the look out?

I think I have one in my garage, complete with surround if you are still on the look out?

If it's the right one and is in good condition then yes please

an F'reg passat estate "non sunroof" model came in to work for scrap, so naturally the rear door handles and mechs came off!

but the sunvisors have an extra piece built in, which when down go over the top of the mirror. does any one know if these will fit? the only downside is the the passenger side mirror is not illuminated.

this style of visor is no good, but another passat came in to work on wednesday which had the extra sunviosr part. so pulled it off, cleaned it up and popped it on today!

it does catch the mirror a bit when down though. are there different types?

this style of visor is no good, but another passat came in to work on wednesday which had the extra sunviosr part. so pulled it off, cleaned it up and popped it on today!

it does catch the mirror a bit when down though. are there different types?

That's the one, you could move the mirror down a bit but tbh I like it touching the top rather than having a gap

Here's a comparison shot of the two sunvisors - as you can see the later one is narrower, and will clear the mirror on facelift cars, the wider one will clear the mirror on pre-facelift ones. If you want to adapt the mount from the earlier one, you will need to carefully widen the cutout by a few mm to make it fit.

Not sure for certain - I think they rely on a sunroof motor cover, and it's the early visor you want - maybe someone with G60 or a 16V can help to confirm ? I only have my 93 VR facelift to check against.

non sunroof corrado doesn't have a mounting point as there's only the interior light fitted straight into the roof lining.

non sunroof corrado doesn't have a mounting point as there's only the interior light fitted straight into the roof lining.

Check page one,8vMatt has his fixed to the headlining strip

with the longer style one (im guessing 97/98 onwards passat), does it fowl the normal visors when they are down?

It sits ahead of them when down - when it's up the normal visors wont't sit all the way up against the screen, but only by a little bit - but I guess if it's sunny you'd probably have all three down anyway.

Mine was from a 98 Passat and its fitted to the windscreen strip with no fowling of the mirror.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

it doesnt really look that much longer when on. i might keep an eye out for one of those types also.

whats it like fitting in to the sunroof strip? is it a bit fiddley?

I've now got hold of another visor the same as the one I've fitted to mine, if anyone wants it, then pm me and make a nice donation to the forum.