G60MAT

438 mile road trip! Back in a Satin Silver VR6 - OEM & Recaro content...

nice mate, ready for inters.,.?

Yeah car will be at Inters - even if we have to push it there! ;)

Yeah car will be at Inters - even if we have to push it there! ;)

What day are you driving down Matt

Some more progress on the car today, front end is built back up and front bumper is painted and ready for collection tomorrow. Had these bespoke spacers made for front brakes and are fantastic quality and a perfect fit.

Spacers.jpg

Still waiting for Goodridge hoses to arrive, but test fit with old wheels looks great...

brakes.jpg

New V5 arrived today, so will be ordering new number plates tomorrow and few other goodies! ;)

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What day are you driving down Matt

Will be driving down Sunday morning - Corrado convoy Gareth? ;)

Sunday morning sounds good, be good to have a run down together, what time are you looking a going? Are you taking the M6?

Sunday morning sounds good, be good to have a run down together, what time are you looking a going? Are you taking the M6?

Early(ish) I guess - get there between 9-10 and M6 sound good! Have given up on taking it to DC11 this Sunday - still got loads to do!

Not been to Inters for a few years, but should be fun as long as that airfield wind is not too strong!

Some more progress this morning, front bumper is back from paint, looks great and back on the car!

bumper2.jpg

bumper1.jpg

Having a nightmare with the Goodridge 312mm and Mk4 brakes hose kit from C&R - out of stock for a week so we can't complete the brakes! chasing round for alternative suppliers now...

... after trying several places for the Goodridge Hoses a massive thanks to John at C&R in Nottingham who has split kits and got the fronts this morning with the backs coming early next week! :)

BrakeHoses001.jpg

Also looked at why the heater only works on setting 4 and found the heater resistor is from a Fiat/Lancia! its been scrapped and looking for a new one.

heater.jpg

so you had aircon in yours? The normal heater doesnt use the lancia resistor only the aircon handling units. That said, i replaced mine with a 'normal' thermal resistor and a few years on its still running perfectly.

so you had aircon in yours? The normal heater doesnt use the lancia resistor only the aircon handling units. That said, i replaced mine with a 'normal' thermal resistor and a few years on its still running perfectly.

Yeah has aircon, looking at best options... :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Three parcels with the Saturday post...

RearBrakes001.jpg

Third was a tasty parcel from wagenworks in the US, only watched the first 10mins but its amazing! ;)

RearBrakes003.jpg

Now off to the workshop...

... quick update, rear calipers are back from being shot blasted and ready for paint.

Workshop004.jpg

Fronts have been on for a few days but can now be finished now all the hoses are here.

Workshop006.jpg

Car has that nice workshop coating of dust, but should be back on the road in a few days! ;)

Workshop005.jpg

Love this car. One of my favourite colours and the wheels really suite it :)

Car now back from the workshop, brakes all finished, still a little too much travel in the brake pedal, but another bleed should fix that, bonnet adjusted after front end rebuild so now time to start adding the goodstuff before the trip to Inters. New tyres arrived today too, went for Toyo Proxes T1R 205/40/17 so just need to get them on the newly refurbed rims. Weather's been crap so started stripping off the rear tonight ready for cleaning tomorrow...

Before

CorradoRear001.jpg

During

CorradoRear003.jpg

Half day today and carried on with the rear upgrade this afternoon...

RearUpgrade005.jpg

Then all cleaned up

RearUpgrade006.jpg

Then time for the good stuff

RearUpgrade008.jpg

RearUpgrade009.jpg

More work tomorrow! ;)

Looking fresh, are you still on schedule to make GTI International on Sunday?

Looking fresh, are you still on schedule to make GTI International on Sunday?

Yes indeed! We finished the car about an hour ago, so will be leaving Manchester about 7.30 in the morning... :)

Well it was all a bit last minute rush, but here's how far we got the car before taking it to Inters today...

CorradoRims006.jpg

CorradoRims008.jpg

CorradoRims007.jpg

Then getting rims and tyres all together.

Wedding008.jpg

Wedding011.jpg

Wedding010.jpg

Wedding012.jpg

Wedding014.jpg

Wedding013.jpg

A few from Inters today...

Inters007.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

After a much deserved pitstop with Gareth and Andy on the way back...

Inters223.jpg

Inters224.jpg

Back safe n sound and still pretty clean!

Inters225.jpg

Cars looking great such solid progress too, enjoyed the day out and the ride back:cool:

Looks great Matt wish i had gone down on Sunday! Well lets make it happen at one of the show this year!

Car looks tops mate!

Did you take the rear brakes apart yourself, what tools do you need? I have a set of 288s for the front that I want to get blasted (so I can paint them) before I fit them.

Edited by OllieVR6

Car looks tops mate!

Did you take the rear brakes apart yourself, what tools do you need? I have a set of 288s for the front that I want to get blasted (so I can paint them) before I fit them.

Rear brakes are fairly easy to split these are Golf Mk4 GTI rears, but you have to use the original Corrado VR6 carriers and discs, we then bought new pads and rebuilt with a new seal kit. Will likely change the discs soon too, so everything is brand new.

Edited by G60MAT

Not had chance to do much to the car this week, but cleaned it up yesterday and took it up to the Cumbria VAG show today near Kendal - nice chilled show.

Cumbria079.jpg

Cumbria078.jpg

Cumbria077.jpg

Will be back on with a few jobs this week and time to start getting some polish on it finally!