Pete

Speedline 17's

My wheels are corroding and need new tyres soon so rather than spending on a refurb and new 15" tyres I'm thinking it's as good a time as ever to look to go larger.

I've emailed performancealloys.com who advertise them but they said they are out of production unless they get an order of 24 or over. Price is £672 plus any tyres you choose. I think a 205/40 should give the closest overall diameter to the standard wheels.

So if another 5 were interested we could get them with the right 5x100 fitment etc.

Anyone interested in me taking it further with them, looking for an additional discount and finding lead times etc?

They do them in silver white and anthracite I think. Found a pics of them on a Corrado...

The only widths advertised are 7's, while the weight is listed on a few sites as 10kgs. No ide on the offset choice but if I get a list of questions I bang them off in one go...

I thought 10 was good for a 17, my mate, elise 160 has the lotus victory wheels which are the same weight. Will always be more than standard though I guess being the larger version of the standard wheel.

8Kg or lighter is good for a 17 :D 10-11Kg is about average for an 8Jx17 with chunky spokes like these and the Comp MO.

Some people don't mind it but I really didn't like how anesthetized my C felt running heavy old 17s.

Although as these are 7x17s, they should be nearer 8.5 - 9Kg than 10, so I'll pencil myself in as a 'maybe' :D

They do look bloody good on the Corrado.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

the tt comps are pretty light, iirc they were lighter than my speedies, but i'll check that shortly.

There is no way the TT comps are light than the standard speedlines. I thought they were notorius as being quite heavy.

the tt comps are pretty light, iirc they were lighter than my speedies, but i'll check that shortly.

If I remember correctly from weighing mine, I think they are just over 11kgs each. These new wheels in the group buy look bloody good.

Wish I hadn't spent money on re-furbing my Speedlines now..!!!

My thinking exactly!

Not sure if better is the word, I just like them because they are the standard wheel shape which I think suits the car.

Plus I doubt you will get the Compomotives anywhere near this price again. Think they are now £900ish for a set.

Yep, they do look more like the standard version and I suppose there is the fact they are Speedline as well. Either are very nice but your right about price. Compo's are about a grand a set now.

There has been a thread about the wheels on the car in the first post before. From what I remember they have been spaced out and adapted to be the right PCD?

So do I sell my compomotives, And by a set of these, or do I just stick to what I've got.

^^

Sounds like something that needs to be checked ASAP I woud say ....

They do them in silver white and anthracite I think. Found a pics of them on a Corrado...

Yeah - a chap on here ordered a set a while back. I'll find his thread and update this one when I do... he got them in silver no problem.

Ah actually he got 16's which I thought looked really good. But still available in something that wasn't white :)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?41662-djmac56-s-Golf-n-Corrado-16-quot-Speedlines-delivered!

Skip on to page 6 to see them on the car.

Edited by Jim

Page 5 Jim for the pictures.......would be interested in these but worried 17's are a bit too big.

16's in the thread above are spot on IMHO.

I've emailed speedline direct to ask about weights and fitment options.

I think the one in pic does use spacers to push them out a bit in order to get such a beefy stance. Personally I prefer that as my arches aren't rolled so I can fit them with more room.

I've also spoken to another supplier who also said white is the standard colour, but on a run like we could arrange they could be done silver or anthracite etc but must all be same colour.

Will let you know when I get a response

White would be fine by me if there's no other choice! Just seen the 16s on Jim's link and starting to think they look better and would also be lighter!