Mr Mojo

What would you do?

I have a 92 plate VR6 in graphite grey, 118k on the clock, full black leather interior, original BBS splits, air con, nice sound system, the whole thing in near mint condition except the engine which seized on saturday :(

Now i have a dilemma.....fix it or break it?

Fix it. Depending on your funds, a cheap option would be to get an exact replacement engine and just swap them over. With a couple of mates you could do it in a weekend.

I'd get a replacement engine professionally installed (because I'm not handy with the tools) maybe a TDI :shrug:

Edited by 4eyes2wheels

Yeah get an engine, loads of them about and a like for like swap can be done in a day if you can get a spare pair of hands to help.

I would definately fit another engine if i could find a fairly decent one, anyone got one kicking around?

Fix it! Just had a similar experience of deciding whether to call it a day or not, as at 143k engine was guzzling oil (cyl no 6) and firing it out the exhaust, but realised that there was nothing out there that I would happily replace the C with! If you bought another it's probably not as mint as yours and the engine may die the next week anyway.

Ended up going for a Stealth bottom end rebuild (head had been recently refurbed anyway - should have just got the lot done in the first place with 20:20) and just finishing off the run in period and the engine is soooo smooth now.......