cdem

Keep getting logged out

I dont know if its just me having this problem but when ever i go to a new page i have to log back in again. I log in as usual at the top then click new posts, i then have to log in again and repeat this several times until i can view new posts, then i click to view a thread and i have to log back in again likewise if i click to see page 2. Same happens when i post a new thread.

Any ideas what it may be??

Yep same here :( getting a bit annoying having to log in all the damn time :/

Might be worth properly clearing out history and cookies... I suspect that'd be the cause!

It's not the forum, it's your browsers. As Jim says, clear out your old junk!

Using Chrome, cleared out the junk, restarted browser, logged into CF and I'm still getting the problem. Not tried it in IE yet, will do that shortly.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Just tried IE, cleared the junk out and restarted and it 'appears' to log me out when I click the CF logo to see new posts. I can click on other threads and it shows me as logged in again.

It's not the forum, it's your browsers. As Jim says, clear out your old junk!

never happened on old forum :grin: :wave:

Used to do it for me on the old forum a fair bit, actually. Clearing cookies & cache always sorted it tho!

I used to get it (using IE8 ). I set it to delete browsing history on exit and have never had the problem since. Tools>Internet Options>General tab and tick the box. I don't know if other browsers have this function but I suppose they will have it somewhere.

I'm having this problem as well, cleared all history and cookies and it seems to log me out everytime i change pages

Here's a better one, I CANT log out!!

You've just got to be different :)

I found that using delete browsing history and disc Cleanup doesn't always seem to clear everything out. You need to go into the Temporary Internet Files folder and delete everything manually. Usually found here C:\Documents and Settings\"Your User Name"\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Or under 'properties' on your C:drive (right click), select disk cleanup and it produces a list of all the old temp files and error reports etc. If you haven't used it in a while you can usually clear about a gig of old stuff off.

Ive deleted all the history etc.... i tried that 1st before posting up about it. Its till doing it, even now. Glad its not just me with the issue...thought my sister had fiddled with the settings or something! Its just this forum i have the problem with the whole logging me out all the time.

Ive deleted all the history etc.... i tried that 1st before posting up about it. Its till doing it, even now. Glad its not just me with the issue...thought my sister had fiddled with the settings or something! Its just this forum i have the problem with the whole logging me out all the time.

Did you try my suggestion above?

Also, what browser do you use and is it fairly up to date? More curious than anything - shouldn't really matter what browser really.

Yeah ive tried all of the above, was the 1st thing i done. Im using IE8. The problem only started a few days ago, its a 5minute job to post a reply to anything, same when going through the most recent topics and you click page 2/3/4 etc...always having to log in

I keep get logged out too

Dare not write more - as can get logged out mid message

Top tip... write your posts in Notepad, and then you can copy and paste them into the message window - means that you won't lose a whole load of writing if the forum decides to log you out ;)

That all good but its something that shouldnt be happening surely, never had the problem for the past 3 years so why now :S I cant view new posts becuase of it and i have to log in several times just to post a reply to a topic

I was reading this thinking yes I'm having this problem too, having logged on 3 times in the last few minutes. I went to reply and I was logged out!

I used to get this problem but have more or less solved it.

I hardly ever log in!! (made an exception especially to post this :) )

ha ha. and it's just taken me 15 mins to edit the typo as I got logged out. And everytime I logged in it kicked me out straight away. cleared cookies, still the same. rebooted pc and so far so good. waiting with fingers crossed when I hit save. :)

Edited by Butterfly

Yep definately a problem for me too! if i clack on whats new it logs me out, if i click on another page IE 1,2 or 3 of todays posts it logs me out! it'll probably log me out once i post this.

Bit naff really and i'm losing interest rather quickly! :(

Ooh it sent without issues :) a slight bonus!

Don't understand. I haven't had to log in for weeks....!