fishmaestro

Newbie Rado Vr6 owner in Fife

Recently bought a Vr6 from my mate down in Norwich and I had a long and enjoyable ride up to Fife. He did'nt want to part with it but he is emmigrating and also did'nt like the idea of any major problems arising with the car, can be awkward selling to friends. Absolutely lovely motor but already encountered some problems. My bonnet came back steaming after a ride out recenltly and feared the worst ( Gasket gone) but luckily I traced the fault to a spring leak out of one the coolant hoses, phewy. This site has already proved useful obtaining a spare hose from a forum user ( thank you tonedef ). Also I have posted the annoying wheel noise fault on the forum and had some positive feedback. Hope to get this sorted within a week as it doesnt sound too bad.

Also possibly looking a getting some bubbling spots on the paintwork sorted so if anyone in Fife or nearby happens to know the best and cheapest options then send us a reply with some good info.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks, not sure how much longer I'll be in Scotland but there does seem to be a good few owners. Always good for networking and discussing the Rado issues. Hopefully get some contacts for improving/maintaining the motor.

Thanks, not sure how much longer I'll be in Scotland but there does seem to be a good few owners. Always good for networking and discussing the Rado issues. Hopefully get some contacts for improving/maintaining the motor.

Humn Norwich to Fife.. you wouldn't happen to work for a large aerospace company near St Andrews that is currently reviewing its sites North of the border?

Welcome fellow Fifer, with a username like fishmaestro, could you be from Pittenweem/Ainster?

Your in the right area about work sucker, but its my pal that lives in Norwich so that has no bearing on being in fife and I do get in the air from time to time unlike your crazy bad self. Ha ha. Nice area though

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Further in-land from pittenweem/anster but do enjoy the chippy there. Name has no connections to the sea lol. Surname is Fisher, so no great tale of how i arrived at that nickname. Sorry for any dissappointments :-)