Topaz2008

Ok G-WERKS i give up!!

I hope the CF never gets scene. It's definitely not a good thing to be scene.

100% agree. sometimes it can be a little hostile on here, but overall it's a cracking forum. I bet I'm not the only one who is addicted to coming on here!

Thing is though jim, I don't think g-werks would be too bothered really. As much as they built the business from servicing G-laders I really don't think there's enough profit on them to make it worthwhile.

Rebuild kits aren't cheap even in bulk, by the time you add in man hours to do he work, messing about with postage, the risk of the chargers blowing etc etc it's not worth it I spose, they probably make double the amount they make from a charger rebuild by just drop shipping one set of KWs or selling one set of scene wheels - plus the fact that G60 powered cars are dropping in numbers by the day so there's not exactly much future in it, so I spose a slightly damaged rep on here wouldn't particularly bother gwerks when they're making their money on other products in other markets.

Edited by Walesy

I do the feel the majority of members here are more interested in the car, and keeping them to a certain extent original or tasteful. This has been amplified as the Corrado has "gone out of fashion", and most examples have fallen by the wayside through neglect or whatever. The scene folks seem to have moved onto more modern metal now - which is just fine with me.

lets hope another guy jumps in and starts a trusty buisness dealing with g laders , i dunno where id send mine now , maybe overseas or try a diy?

Apparently jabba are into chargers again at the moment. Friend of mine had his rebuilt there recently. JMR aswell?

A friend of mine sent his charger to jabba and couldn't speak more highly of them. The products, and most importantly in this case, the service. I think mine will be going there next time.

BBM do some cracking work, its all CNC machined and the airflow has been CAD modelled for optimised flow.

Shame they are in the USA and the bloody import duty will be huge.

I'll aways praise Jabba. I used them for my G60 rebuild in 2006 when they were suppose to be poop and everyone went to G Werks but the service was superb and the charger never fluttered, stuttered or exploded.

I think G Werks have been pretty much summed up in this thread, they're now more interested in big shiney rims and air lift.

Perhaps they should rename themselves Scene Werks??

BBM do some cracking work, its all CNC machined and the airflow has been CAD modelled for optimised flow.

Shame they are in the USA and the bloody import duty will be huge.

oooh! oooh! I wanna play!!!

i had some very bad customer service from jabba 10 years ago , i think thier failing attitudes are what helped gwerks get popular back then and now theyve gone the same way

jabba was a victim of its own success , at first it was just mike doing all the work himself and seeing people right all the way , then they got too busy and iirc employed his brother inlaw /family to help , he was the most pig ignorant bad customer service person ever and the reason i wont return , they also seemed to shove gladers to the back as at the time 20vt were getting popular and g60 didnt matter anymore , but the word travels and you have to remember a pee'd off g60 owner might be in the latest car nest year and youve lost another potential customer

anyway , ive bad mouthed them at every opertunity sinse and hopefully cost them more than they ripped me off for in lost custom

t_jabbaquality_287.jpg

as for gwerks ...says it all that no one can be bothered to respond or make an excuse like we dont matter , there was a time gwerks posted on the forums daily and would try and help a g60 owner in trouble

Right i have been keeping an eye on this thread for some time now hoping that it wouldnt come to this...... but here we go

Basicly i had allot of trouble trying to find a G-ladder after mine was diagnosed kaput...... either people just wouldnt get back to me after i ask some fairly standard questions or the unit was already sold ......so reluctantly i phoned G-werks and allegedly they have one in stock but it needed a rebuild...... so i asked for them to take it to stage four while it was getting done and paid for it right then and there over the phone on the 15th of june and was told that the work would begin that week.

After phoning god knows how many times and gettign fobbed off with various excuses left right and centre i finally get told last week that it was finished and posted on tuesday 5th july(bearing in mind that i had paid £40 post which is ridiculus i know) so i phoned them on thursday asking for a tracking number to see what is taking so long and low and behold its not even been posted ......... im now assured by darren that it will be with me for this weekend just gone and guess what i still havnt received it (i was also told it was couriered by APC who i phoned and they had no record of any deliverys to me funny that.....) so im getting seriously sick of this and i phoned today asking darren to give me a tracking number to which i am told that he has given my mobile to the Couriered ?? ...... still hasnt arrived today and now i have no time for this anymore........ seriously when you pay for a service and you recieve no service why should i pay a penny... thought i would share this so no one is under any illusion about these guys.

(my car has now been off the road for over 5 weeks)

Not good. Again. I'm a little surprised Darren hasn't responded to this thread, considering he knows about it. VERY bad for their rep, as it'll come up in Google as well as being very visible on here.

Not good. Again. I'm a little surprised Darren hasn't responded to this thread, considering he knows about it. VERY bad for their rep, as it'll come up in Google as well as being very visible on here.

It's baffling to say the least.

I emailed Gwerks months ago many times about getting my charger serviced and looking to buy parts.Didnt get one reply.

Its ok,spent my hard-earned somewhere else that has a good customer service and returns charger within five days.Dont know Darren personally,he could very well be a nice guy but his business is going down the drain very fast by the sounds of it

His business won't go down the pan when he has plenty of "vw players" with pot loads of cash queuing at his door for the all important scene points.

Its ok,spent my hard-earned somewhere else that has a good customer service and returns charger within five days.

Don't suppose you could name drop the company? I need my charger servicing and I'd prefer to avoid these shenanigans...

Funnily enough I only found this thread after appalling service by G-werks and i was curious if I was alone.

I ordered a shallow sump for my 20v after I out a whole in my mine. I made it clear to Darren I needed one ASAP as the car is off the road without it. Said someone would call back and get my card details, never happened.

So rang up, asked me all the details about turbo used etc and then took my card details, which I was then billed for 2 hours later.

No sump by the Friday so I called - no answer

Called Saturday - no answer

Called Monday - spoke to a guy called Matt who said the parts hadn't arrived but that Darren would call back. Asked why I was billed if the parts weren’t there or sent?

This happened everyday until Thursday night when I sent an e-mail asking why if the parts hadn't gone had they billed me and asked for a refund so I could go elsewhere

I called Friday and finally got hold of Darren who suggested he was about to call me but couldn't find my number (was on the e-mail). Said Matt wasn't very good and that the parts hadn't been sent because of delays. i asked for a refund and he said he would but the parts had been sent that day and the tracking details would be in my e-mail tomorrow. He also said it was shipped next day so they’d be there Saturday at the latest, in hindsight believing this makes me feel like a proper fool.

Anyway the sump didn’t show Saturday, or Monday so called again – no answer

Called again today and got Matt. Asked for Darren but he was “busy with a customer” but would e-mail the tracking details right over once he was done.

Still no tracking details, its so frustrating, and if he'd just said sorry they're on back order I could of got one elsewhere.

real shame this has happened to g-werks but i think its just that he is sooo well in with the well known (players???) on the vw scene, in other words people with more money than style/sense that all he is doing is supply air ride kits for all of them "scene" people, but what happens when they move on and grow up?? where does g-werks get its revenue from??

Firstly, I can not recommend Jabba either for G60 rebuilds, I used them when I first bought my G (just after the days when Mike T stopped doing the work himself on g-laders), all was well until the next rebuild - looked like someone had gone at it with a hammer and chisel inside :(

Secondly I could add a load more info on why you should avoid G-Werks, but it will make this thread too long lol, but basically I wished I never took my car in to have an engine rebuild and modifications done. Good news is that Rob has gone, (although he answered the phone, he was not much use after that). As people have said, Darren is in with the scene (or is that sensless?) crowd. Darren is a great guy, but maybe that's a failing when it comes to managing his staff and the people he sub-contracts out to do work for him? who knows.

All the problems in my car (including electrical ones that were not there when the car went into G-Werks) were sorted out by JMR . You get customer service and no bullsh*t from John. The dodgy G-Werks mapping was also sorted out by JMR and Dave @ DG Autotech.

oh yeah, I own a Golf G60, but it obviously did not qualify as "scene" for G-Werks

Topaz2008 glad that you have finally got your charger back :)