eurospec

Wasson! New member!

Hi all,

Im Tom, 22 from Bournemouth!

Bought a corrado today, 1.8 16v with a GTi engineering RE2000 engine in. Goes pretty well for a 1.8!

Got a few issues though which maybe you guys could shed some light on?! Spoiler works on the switch, doesnt go up at 45, or down below 10mph, just stays up if you put it up manually, sometimes it goes up on its own accord and goes up and down at random lol...

Also the right side indicators dont work at all, neither do the hazard lights, but theyre fine going left?! Common problem?!

Also the central locking doesnt work?! Apart from that it drives spot on, handling is brilliant compared to my polo!

Cheers guys, shall be posting on here a fair amount I suspect as the car gradually goes wrong lol!

Hi mate welcome u got any specs on the engine ? Indicators arent really a common problem but i think the spoiler is id check all the connections and fuses first maybe take the spoiler of and give the workings a good clean and grease up

Yeh, got a few,

92.8mm stroke crankshaft,

Bores machined to 82.5mm diameter,

Lead-Indium heavy duty crankshaft bearings,

Alloy pistons with valve clearance cut-outs,

Gasflowed cylinder head,

Re-profiled inlet and exhaust valve throats,

Gasflowed inlet and exhaust manifold,

Selected valve springs,

Modified injection system.

Ok, where abouts is the fusebox located? Is there just one or does the car have multiple ones? Thing that is bugging me the most is the central locking at the moment, it has a VW alarm on it which doesnt work, so I'll try and strip that all out first. Are immobilisers easy to remove?

When i worked for Gildersport VW in selby we took in p/x a Mk2 Golf with this engine conversion done and it was impressively quick but also EVEN smoother and refined than the standard engine, something you couldn't say for the valvers at the time !

Yep, does shift!

Got loads of problems sorted now, seems the seller wasn't that truthful when I asked him some things about the car! So many sensors were unplugged from the engine, vacuum hoses not connected up, all the electrics were missing from inside the drivers door handle so the central locking didn't work, loads of little bits!

Doing the heater matrix today, spent all of last night ripping out 2 alarms that the car had fitted to it!? Neither of them worked, and the wiring loom was a right state, sorted it all out now though!