VW_OwneR_85

Vr6 , tt seats

cheers guys, TT seats have a sprung base using a gas strut for height adjustment which tbh none of use will ever use , slammed low is perfect! you also have the option to wire it in for a warm backside! which i might do in the future, you could also put it in lower, but you would have to rebate that front cross member so the tt runners are sunk into it but thats extra work, only downside is they are a tadd heavier then my old cloth ones not sure what the weight difference is between rado heated leather so might not be much in that respect?, i guess you could remove the gas strut and some other gubbins,

think my camera lense is dirty, as this door card doesnt have dirty great big circles on it lol

DSCF0330_zps5il68zzp.jpg

thanks to Rams for waiting a couple of weeks so i could purchase these, also came with speakers Bargain! :)

DSCF0336_zpsbyaisskq.jpg

DSCF0338_zpsw1gfpzy0.jpg

head liners almost ready! its been half finished now for almost a year!!

heres how the sunroof panel looks, trimmed faux leather and dyed the seal black! really chuffed with how its come out, head liner matchs that,

DSCF0337_zpsdyqrc6e9.jpg

will be spraying the plastics satin black!

Also noticed from the previous page about my throttle pedal issue i had, i wasnt aware that i needed to wire in the mk4 clutch and brake switch to ecu! everything is now spot on including vss so im not limited with the revs, as a precaution i also re routed the throttle pedal wires, basically cut them off near ecu plug and joined on new ones direct from ecu plug to the pedal plug so i know all wires are 100%,

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

cheers bud, i was so close to having faux leather seat covers made for my cloth seats for the same price, but they would of never looked or felt right, luckily at the time i spotted a rado on ebay with tt seats fitted so being a cheeky git i messaged the seller about them and he said they were good for the height , so seat cover plan was aborted!

oh another issue i need to sort out in the not so distant future ,which im hoping someone can help with is the power steering fluid, iv read conflicting comments about red dexron 2 and the green vw fluid! one comment said rados use both and depends on the chassis number to which one you need! but then in the user manual and bentley manual it says to use g0002 which is the green stuff! when i originally drained it down for my 24v swap it was red {also has a red fluid cap} so thinking i was doing it good and reading most comments on here about only using the green stuff i refilled and flushed it with the green stuff! it worked fine up until the engine/fluid is warmed up {i guess it thins out abit?} then the pump makes noise on doing 3point turns, iv brought another vr6 pump so i could whack that on or just drain and fill with dexron 2? as that is what i seemed to originally have and worked with no noise or effort,

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

cheers, yea that box section just slides in the rado runners until it hits the notch cut outs {you can see them in the pic}, its the two front bolts that hold it in place to stop the whole seat from moving , the seat itself can still slide back and forth on the tt runners as it should once its all bolted down.

iv seen a pic of a different setup, i think it was in a mk1 golf? where it uses the TT floor mounts i guess there just nuts welded into the floor itself but to do that on the rado that cross member would have to go and i dont think thats something you can just chop out

Great Thread. Cracking read with some good pics!!

I've had My VR for about 7 years now. Has been idle the last 2 years. So its about time i gave mine the Once over and got it back to its best again! This has been some good Inspiration mate!

Is there any way that the gas lift on the seat could be adapted to the Corrado seats, to replace the 'ejector seat' spring?

really couldnt tell you tbh, its not something iv looked at. theres a couple of images of the TT base via google which might give you a rough idea of how it all is,

So interiors really close to being complete headliner and these bits below are fitted just not got the pics yet, sprayed all the grey plastics black - keyed everything with green scotch pad -plastic primer/adhesion promoter - satin black , nothing special but looks a hell of alot better!

DSCF0340_zpsjzgoggsf.jpg

Noticed that my clutch slave cylinder hose finally gave up and seeing as i ordered the parts for it some time last year or year before its a bit rude not to fit it! also swapped over my PAS pump from the 12v vr6 to the 24v one that came with the engine,

iv always used a syringe to remove fluids from the reservoirs but the seals on them always seem to swell up after a awhile, so after abit of thinking i came up with this! as i have plenty of half used silicone tubes at hand!

DSCF0343_zpsxm5wq6sh.jpg

works amazing and hasnt swollen up yet! even if it does its easy to replace!

DSCF0346_zpsw3lig967.jpg

now the fittings on this are female M12X1 then into the slave its Male M12x1

DSCF0345_zpsqvzgwct9.jpg

or just go straight from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder both male M12X1 , think it was AN-3 size tube i used? ptfe lined 1m length,

DSCF0347_zpsmgkr1nzh.jpg

ever since the conversion my PAS has been terrible , it originally had red fluid in it until i filled it with green at the time of the conversion , tried using lucas leak stop, seem to help abit , so now iv drained it and fitted the 24v pump and re filled with vw green again,

iv also noticed a small kink in the pas connection on the banjo to the pump! so maybe that is causing my pas problems?, we shall see

24v on the right , also on euro car parts site- 2003 2.8 golf has the same P/N as the rado vr6 pas pump!

DSCF0344_zpsyc0vgpjg.jpg

Nice work on painting the roof trim black. How did you go about not painting over the illuminated symbols on the switches? Or had you sourced a black switch panel?

cheers, haha this feels gash but i just painted over them , you can see in the pic the outlines are still there so it doesnt look bad in that respect, i guess i could scratch off the paint carefully but in all honesty im not to bothered, just looking inside with the headliner and everything mostly fitted is a huge improvement, and im not sure how long that paint will hold up tbh + i dont think theres a much better way of doing them, i used an adhesion promoter for painting plastics over a keyed clean surface other then that thats as good as i can go, maybe wrapping them would of been a better option ? well see :)

Nice work again.

Do the power steering pumps run the same pressure?

Edited by rado20vT

i think so, im judging this by euro car parts specifications for 2003 golf 2.8 {which is the 24v v6 4motion} PAS pump @ 90bar and the pas pump on there site for the rado vr6 is the same one @ 90bar , i pulled my rado pump apart to see what it looks like and its not what i expected at all! very mechanical!, i was expecting it to look like a water pump lol, not much in the way of rubber seals either

cheers, haha this feels gash but i just painted over them , you can see in the pic the outlines are still there so it doesnt look bad in that respect, i guess i could scratch off the paint carefully but in all honesty im not to bothered, just looking inside with the headliner and everything mostly fitted is a huge improvement, and im not sure how long that paint will hold up tbh + i dont think theres a much better way of doing them, i used an adhesion promoter for painting plastics over a keyed clean surface other then that thats as good as i can go, maybe wrapping them would of been a better option ? well see :)

Lol, fair dos! It looks pukka to me!! It sounds like it should last. It will be interesting to see - but all black is the way to go for sure. :thumbleft:

Great Thread. Cracking read with some good pics!!

I've had My VR for about 7 years now. Has been idle the last 2 years. So its about time i gave mine the Once over and got it back to its best again! This has been some good Inspiration mate!

Thanks bud , didnt see your post till now, yea you best get on it! 7 years!long time! saying that iv had mine now for quite some time even though it doesnt feel like it, inspiration and motivation are the best things for these forums makes stuff happen then again some people bite off more then they can chew at once and just as quick as that motivation came it went! been there felt that but came out in one piece!

another update comming just waiting for this lap top to import images! so slow!!

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

ah so its almost ready to drive for the summer :) recently noticed a whiff of petrol from around the hoses in the bay but couldnt actually see any visible leaks, turns out the stainless braided rubber hose i used had perished where it bends into the fuel rail! not happy about that as it wasnt that long ago that i brought that, i came across this stuff on ebay which is also the same stuff as my clutch hose {different size tho} just in stainless form rather then black oem looking nylon {also has steel braid beneath the nylon} http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN-6-8mm-5-16-NYLON-Braided-PTFE-Teflon-Fuel-Hose-1m-/381023190970?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58b6c07fba its a pig to cut but look at the specs!

DSCF0356_zpsdilbz3ms.jpg

DSCF0367_zpsfqytdjbg.jpg

DSCF0357_zps5nstpzbt.jpg

haha these were new not so long ago!

DSCF0363_zps3zpdrxau.jpg

DSCF0364_zpsee57nzxw.jpg

shot of that clutch hose ,

DSCF0369_zpsi93k6n5t.jpg

power steering pump with a slight kink on that bend, driven it for about 30 mins and it seems good! a tiny bit of noise comming from it though, i remember it being dead silent though, apparently that ptfe hose ^ can handle pas fluid and the pressure 90bar = 1306 psi and that stuff is rated at 2700 psi with a min burst pressure of 7000! so i might just renew that pas hose straight from the pump to the rack as they do all the appropriate fittings just to be sure,

DSCF0366_zpsygip2ekh.jpg

finnaly got around to fitting my uprated headlight loom which is now probably out dated lol, along with osram nightbreakers.

DSCF0365_zpsj1regoty.jpg

water proofed the relay with a bag ,

DSCF0370_zpse0qsbvha.jpg

havnet driven it at night yet so cant comment on that yet ,

also fitted a reproduction headlight switch from matt on here , im actually really impressed with it so far , it illuminates red with ign ON and turns green when the lights are on, apparently its all LED lit aswell so you wont get the heat of the old bulbs, just need to get a fuse/holder and fuse the earth ,

DSCF0379_zpspoufwv17.jpg

interiors good! just need to put the plastics back on the boot lid ,

DSCF0375_zps7wmn2gvr.jpg

DSCF0376_zpsueukx46j.jpg

DSCF0378_zpsj6j3m41a.jpg

DSCF0374_zps3jb54c3l.jpg

just clay bared the bonnet and a cut with farecla G3 compound so tomo ill be giving it a polish and wax! and the rest of the car to follow and after that, thats all im doing until the winter, plans are bmw battery boot lead setup to create space for oem airbox with cold air feed and tidy the bay , want the inlet manifold oem silver so im on the look out for that paint code if anyone knows it? looks simialr to reflex silver? i want the bay to have an oem unclutterd ish look but wont be smoothing anything!

those tt seats look brilliant. :)

Also, good idea to move the diagnostic socket to the new location. My ABS lamp is there so i'll probably look elsewhere to site mine

Good idea on the clutch hose. I only managed to get a valver clutch master cylinder when i converted mine to manual so the pipe looks really out of place - your hose solution looks like the best option

Edited by fla

cheers fla, the seats are really nice and supportive in corners too, really happy about that purchase especially with how little they cost, yea with the diagnostic plug , originally in that place i had a plastic blank and i intended to modify it so it would go back on but i couldn't make it work, ash tray in rear ish center might make a nice plug location? iirc old audis had them there,

Just spent about a hour reading your thread, well done this has spurred me on to crack on this year. Cheers for the advise on the tt seats look smart.

power steering is good!that 24v pump works a treat so thats all done as far as im concerned..

After replacing the clutch hose/ bleeding, the clutch pedal initially felt normal with changing gear etc but after being on the clutch carefully reversing out the shed it stuck down and had to switch off the engine as i couldnt put it in neutral and it wanted to goooo! re bled it and all seemed ok, drove fine but again after keeping the clutch down for a long ish period it doesnt like it, so i brought a new master cylinder from ebay , cost like £55 but its something that you cant really do without and seeing as the old ones probably the original idd say it lasted quite well,

DSCF0386_zpsiauxxjoz.jpg

The old filling hose has seen better days , i had some ptfe stuff left over which happens to be the same bore size , i had to shave down the plastic barbs on the reservoir and inlet on M/C with a blade in order to fit that hose but its a nice tight self sealing fit,

DSCF0390_zpslsdjp5b6.jpg

i had to use an M8 thread tap to cut threads in, as there not bolts there actually studs which made my life a little harder as i didnt know,

so if your doing this get two 2" long stainless M8 studs and 1 nut + M8 tap ready,

DSCF0389_zpsi6sxlgvz.jpg

DSCF0391_zps64z1yehq.jpg

DSCF0392_zpsgymyvwov.jpg

Picked up some vr6 BBs alloys {15"} and had them sand blasted, there going VW diamond silver! doing the inside black just incase i change my mind in the future , going back to sensible 15"/50/ tyres.

iv epoxy primed followed by upols 2k highbuild wet on wet, right now there primed and sanded back, blasting left a harsh texture and there going to need more priming before colour, Not nice wheels to sand :(

Blasted....

DSCF0384_zpsondn1irl.jpg

been really slack on the corrado lately , picked up a boot lid to refurb over the winter and almost lost the will with sanding them damn alloys! got a few done and looks pretty damn good!

011_zpsj1y6bbly.jpg

010_zpssz6zfjs6.jpg

still need to finish them off but im in no rush, in the mean time iv had an itch for a mk4 golf v6 4motion for ages and finally brought one last weekend, already getting stuck in and getting the crap done out the way! have a couple of electrical issues to sort which is lighting up the traction control light despite that there lovely to drive! very smooth and quiet, with the standard exhaust upon start up you can hear the VR pur and accelerating its just a refined quiet vr noise but very subtle!

018_zpsapbiaob2.jpg

022_zps1fqdm1qo.jpg