.A.N.T.

'Breaking' 16v 2l. Audioscape, Lenso RS4's + lots more

Due to a lot of watchers and not enough bidders on eBay I’m going to have to break up the C I’ve built over the last 10 years. I half expected it not to sell as it is very high mileage and has been keyed, along with rust spots (also, my description was honest, so included these points!)

So, my dual insurance runs out on the 1st of August so a man from we buy any car dot com is coming down to pick it up then and to give me a pittance for it.

I want to get as much back from it as I can, so will be stripping out as much as is possible from it to sell on. The amps and wiring are all coming over to the new money pit, but nearly everything else is up for sale.

The difficulty with this is that it needs to still be driveable.

So. Interior and ICE is fine, no problems there, but if you want a full stainless exhaust, then you’ll have to come to me and swap your old one for mine (along with some ££).

A bit of a ballache, but it means you’ll have a pair of hands to help you swap.

Same goes for vibratech engine mount, rear half tinted lights, moonroof, etc etc, the stuff listed under swap below.

I’m located in Dorking, Surrey, 5-10 minutes from the Leatherhead junction of the M25.

Here’s a quick list off the top of my head. Might well add to it when I next look round the car.

Stuff I can post or remove from the car with no issue so no massive rush. Postage will be at cost, dependent on weight. Let me know what you want, I’ll box it all up, weigh it and work it out.

Is a J plate, 91 valver.

Momo steering wheel and hub adaptor, a little worn as it’s been on there for ages but so much better than standard! - £60

Audioscape door pods with Alpine components (grills are sprayed to match the grey of the pods – tweeters are mounted in the dash grills and the tweeter grills are sprayed to match as well. Looks pretty tidy. If I can find it then I’ll even throw in the spray can which matches!) Potentially sold

Stealth Shelf (grey) with Pioneer 7x10” speakers (one of the speakers has had the terminals pulled off due to something falling over in the boot. It’s all soldered, glued and taped up so doesn’t affect the sound on it at all) £90

Corrado boot carpet, black with Corrado logo on it. £10

Lupo GTI wipers and blades - £50 Potentially sold

Custom made 12” sub box with pioneer sub, drops nice and low. £10 (collection only as it’s a heavy thing!)

Any bits off the interior, just ask.

Stuff that will need collection and a swap asap. Has to be collected by Sun 31st Aug.

Half tinted rear lights – red/black – very good finish to them £25

16” Lenso RS5’s with good tyres on. Light kerbing on all wheels, but not too bad £200

Vibratech heavy duty engine mount 16v £25

Blue heavy duty HT leads £20

Full stainless exhaust ending in nice shiny oval. Not too loud or boomy. £150

Moonroof. Perfect fit, never leaked, complete with washers to space it out. £50

Basically I just want something back from the car. Need to rebuild my house deposit which has taken a hit with a Mk4 Golf PD150

(Justification is that at the moment I have a bit of spare cash, technically a deposit for a house, but there’s nothing around at the moment. At some point I’m going to need a 4 door car, but if I’ve spent every last penny on mortgaging myself up to the hilt then I won’t be able to afford one, so have bought one now whilst I have the ‘disposable’ to be able to afford it)

Very sad to see this car go, but at the end of the day it is only a car and I can’t get too sentimental about it. I’ll just take lots of photos before it goes!

This weekend coming I cannot do anything with as I’m at Guilfest (anyone else going?) but evenings and weekends up until the 31st should be good.

PM or reply to this thread. I’ll have my phone with me everywhere so will stay in contact with the thread!

Edited by .A.N.T.

is the shell getting scrapped? because i need a repair section for my corrado, its the rear passenger side corner where the bumper guide is, mine is completly corroded out up to the arch, i'll get a pic soon.

Apologies for the delay in responding to the queries, been at Guilfest all weekend and have only just got back to a PC...

Kirade - done. Just give me a few days to get to the scrappy and get replacements. If you PM me your address I'll let you know when it's ready to go, prob Monday.

VW_OwneR - Not splitting up the shell as it's kept on a road and I haven't got the ability to cut things up.

Lion - They're not DDI's, don't think these were available for the valvers. I got some alu rings and put them round the outside and then reversed the LCD’s and added a red instead of green filter. Guide to how to do this is on Oichan’s Corrado page (google it). Well worth a look. I'll do the alu rings for £10 posted.

Andycowuk – Initially off the website they said £350, but I’m guessing that when the chap comes out he’ll offer me less for it, especially as I’ll have pulled off all the good bits by then!

Bristobaron – What do you want it for? It’s pretty rusted up around the windscreen. It’s just had a brand new windscreen fitted and the chap who did it said there was quite a bit of rust there, though not viewable from the outside, that was £90 well spent considering it’s now going. If you want it for spares, then £350 with crappy steels from a scrappy, or £500 with the wheels/tyres? I’ll leave the exhaust on there if you want as well for that, it’s stainless so is still in good condition. It’s got konigsport fully adjustable coilovers on it. One damper was replaced for the MOT at Christmas this year (offside rear). If you’ve got the ability to break it properly then go for it! I need the amps, headunit and RCA/power leads for my new car, but can leave the audioscape door pods and stealth shelf along with speakers if you want, we can sort something out for the ££ for those if needed… MOT till around Christmas time, and taxed till end of Nov… Let me know.

Carter - Depends on which year it is rather than the engine. Has it got electric window switches on the door skin, or actually on the existing pods? Mine are early ones, so my switches are vertically in the door, not on the pods...

Hi bud,

The intention is to find an average condition body to use for track days.. The more parts it has that can be removed and sold the more that can be done with it! And extras like the coilovers & exhaust make this an interesting prospect.

Obviously there's a few bits that you've got up for sale above, can you let me know exactly what i could expect the car to come with at £350.

Is the car fully drivable?

Cheers

Baz

Edited by bristolbaron

Carter - Depends on which year it is rather than the engine. Has it got electric window switches on the door skin, or actually on the existing pods? Mine are early ones, so my switches are vertically in the door, not on the pods...

My switches are on the pods so are different to yours.

Would make quite a nice track day car…

I’m going to try and get as much off it as I can to try and make some money back from it, but what I can’t replace then it’ll come with.

Suspension would be too much hassle to move, so you’d get that.

It would def be driveable, it has MOT till mid Dec and tax till Nov.

It’ll probably come with steels on, or something similar, so I can keep hold of the wheels and ebay them.

I’ll strip out the stereo that is in there, and the steering wheel.

Other than that, if anyone offers me the money and a swap for the moonroof or rear lights then I’ll sell those, but I’m running out of time with it all. My insurance runs out on it at the end of the month and my neighbours patience of me having 2 cars ran out 2 weeks ago so it’s got to go soon…

Hi bud,

The intention is to find an average condition body to use for track days.. The more parts it has that can be removed and sold the more that can be done with it! And extras like the coilovers & exhaust make this an interesting prospect.

Obviously there's a few bits that you've got up for sale above, can you let me know exactly what i could expect the car to come with at £350.

Is the car fully drivable?

Cheers

Baz

Would make quite a nice track day car…

I’m going to try and get as much off it as I can to try and make some money back from it, but what I can’t replace then it’ll come with.

Suspension would be too much hassle to move, so you’d get that.

It would def be driveable, it has MOT till mid Dec and tax till Nov.

It’ll probably come with steels on, or something similar, so I can keep hold of the wheels and ebay them.

I’ll strip out the stereo that is in there, and the steering wheel.

Other than that, if anyone offers me the money and a swap for the moonroof or rear lights then I’ll sell those, but I’m running out of time with it all. My insurance runs out on it at the end of the month and my neighbours patience of me having 2 cars ran out 2 weeks ago so it’s got to go soon…

okay bud, all sounds pretty promising.. if you get to a point that you'd have to buy replacement wheels id rather bring a set i have here and knock that off the cost of buying replacements if that works for you.

time wise monday 1st Aug would be perfect for me and give you a bit more time for swapping if possible. As long as the car is complete things like moonroof etc is not an issue at all.

Cheers

Baz

Just got the message Carter...

Door pods have now sold... Sorry...

To who? I thought we had an agreed sale through the classifieds section?

Very interested in this. Vibratech heavy duty engine mount 16v £25

Do you need a std one to replace it with? I have a good condition std one if reqd...

Is the Moonroof still available and would you consider posting it? A long shot I know. Shame the door pods have sold, was interested too!

I'd be up for your tweeters in the top dash grilles if you still have them, and possibly the sub box. Or is the car long gone by now?

Stone

Edited by Stonejag