t700bes

Heater doesn't blow (not even on 4)

So I would like to try to work out what the problem is, it can't be the resistor thing as it doesn't blow on 4...

I can only assume its the motor. But I would like to test this somehow before changing it... How easy is it to change?

I have some parts from a Golf Gti that I would hope might fit...

Any advice would be great!! :)

Hey mate the motor is so easy to change i changed mine the other day as i had mouse in there ! just remove the lower shelf under the glove box think its five trim screws (3 under the glove box and 2 joining the centre console ) , pull the shelf out and the motor is on the left . Pull the connector off and turn the base of the motor anti clockwise and it should come out of the housing . Take off the connection point off the old motor as the new one won't have one on, connect to new motor and re-insert !! and connect the plug boom !! as for testing it well you could just take it out and wire it to a battery to see if it is the motor other than that i don't know dude,

Oh i got a new motor off ebay for about 35 quid , volksbits ebay shop

check the leads for the motor havent corroded or come off - happened to me.

There are fuses for the blowers.. I haven't even checked that :( I will look at what number they are :D

Cheers!!!

Ah I see, it seems the fuse was gone, but I put a new one in and it blew when I turned it on...

Earthing out somewhere?

Yup, I did also do a engine conversion recently.. so could err be ANYTHING :) I'll have a look, Thanks for your help Alex :)

I did also do a engine conversion recently.. so could err be ANYTHING :)

Whoops! yeah... to right! could be anything! Try attaching a multi meter to the fuse terminal and check what kind of voltage your getting to the fuse, might give you an idea of whats happening! Good luck!

Wahoooo its fixed.. I took some photos so i'll post tommorrow, but the plug that goes tot he motor is a bit crap and wasn't on properly (its cracked). I black taped it on properly.... and also black taped a loose earth that was freely wigling around behind there... :)

1 new fuse, it didn't blow :)

Its still not very warm, and not very powerful on the blower, so it might be worth replacing the motor and the heater matrix at some point :)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Bodged!!!

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

So i've cleaned up the terminals and taped the blower up to there is no gap...

I did find this cable, and I don't know what it is or where it goes (it comes from the back of the car down the drivers side door

IMAG0254.jpg

I think I have a similar problem and need to replace the motor (no 6 fuse was blown but replacing it does not fix the problem) -

I've got the parcel shelf out and can now access the motor housing - does the motor just twist out of the housing or are there any screws securing it? didn't seem to want to come out by just twisting anti-clockwise??

I've got the parcel shelf out and can now access the motor housing - does the motor just twist out of the housing or are there any screws securing it? didn't seem to want to come out by just twisting anti-clockwise??

There's a little plastic tab that you have to lift and then twist.

There's a little plastic tab that you have to lift and then twist.

Aha....thanks! I'll give that a go in the morning

Got the motor out but it seems virtually seized to me - tried lubricating it overnight but no made any difference so I think I need a new one. Rang GSF and they said the standard replacement is for non air con cars and they could'nt source one for air con fitted cars. So question is can I just go with standard or does air con really make that much difference?? several part numbers on the casing - h17 833644q on the plastic casing itself and a valeo sticker h17833647u - has anybody got access to a part number database that might give further clues or suggest somewhere else to try - not tried the good people at VW yet!

I took aircon out my car and to source non aircon fan and housing and the ducting.

From what I remember the aircon fan is really quite different. Have got pics of them both. But on phone at the moment

Little bit more Googling tonight on another part number quoted on the Valeo sticker (1H2819021) seems to suggest its from a Mk3 Golf without aircon! Mystery deepens! Pictures I've seen from the Mk3 Golf searches do look just like mine. Tempted to take a gamble and buy a second hand one as GSF want £156 for it!